Model Cars Magazine Forum

Right size half round stock for 1/16 ?

Lets say I wanted to do 2" pleats in a 1/16 model, I know its .13 of an inch.

Is there a size of half round styrene I should look for? I know its a stupid question, but I'm

not sure how these are marked and packaged. I dont live any where near a hobby store that carries these things

But I will be passing through a town that does soon, and I want to be ready to drop in real quick.

Thanks for any help !!!

i know nothing about this, but I just looked at tower hobbies (where I bought some evergreen). They show half round in: .100, .125, .80, .60, and .40.

Pleats as in seat material? You could get a thin corrugated sheet in the right size and cut a sheet to fit. Its for dioramas, but there is a tutorial using it on seats somewhere I saw online.

Lets say I wanted to do 2" pleats in a 1/16 model, I know its .13 of an inch.

Is there a size of half round styrene I should look for? I know its a stupid question, but I'm

not sure how these are marked and packaged. I dont live any where near a hobby store that carries these things

But I will be passing through a town that does soon, and I want to be ready to drop in real quick.

Thanks for any help !!!

One inch in 1/16 scale equals 1/16", or .0625". Therefore 2" in 1/16 scale equals .125, or 1/8"..so Evergreen .125 half round would do the job for you. If you use the factor of .75" (3/4") equals one foot in 1/16 scale, then divide that by 12 to get one inch, or by 6 to get 2 inches in scale.

Art

Bummer not having a local hobby shop. We didn't either for a long time and I can identify.

I just checked and .125 Evergreen is labeled in fractional inch (1/8), decimal inch (.125) and metric (3.2mm).

Plastruct is labeled in fractional and metric only. I don't have any half-round in the size you want, so I can't give you a part number.

I hope you have a good destination hobby shop. The one closest to me can be erratic in re-stocking plastic stock.