Model Cars Magazine Forum

RIP Nauti 5/10/98-7/1/12

These farewells to beloved pets really get me where it hurts. I feel for you and Johnny Holt's loss of Dimey. I still miss Sydne the Dalmatian after nearly 7 years, and I cherish every moment I have with my 6-year-old Miniature Schnauzer, Greta, who is my avatar. I thought it would be a long time before I could get another dog after Sydne, but getting Greta after about 3 months helped us move on.

Guest Johnny

They are going to take his ashes to her Mom's cabin in Indiana. It is an Island and a place he loved to go. They couldn't keep him out of the river when they were there.

That is where they will spread them. and put a small marker on his favorite tree for him.

My sympathies go out to you as I am reminded of losing My German Shepherd about this time last year.

Thank you...I grew up w/ German Shepherds...great dogs.

These farewells to beloved pets really get me where it hurts. I feel for you and Johnny Holt's loss of Dimey. I still miss Sydne the Dalmatian after nearly 7 years, and I cherish every moment I have with my 6-year-old Miniature Schnauzer, Greta, who is my avatar. I thought it would be a long time before I could get another dog after Sydne, but getting Greta after about 3 months helped us move on.

Thank you...Mini Schnauzers are great aren't they? My folks had one that I grew up with. I love terriers...small dogs w/ huge personalities..

Edited by Rob Hall

Geeez... first Dime and now Nauti. Our condolences to you & your family. My Wife & myself had to make that decision 3 yrs. ago when our 16yr. old Shepherd/Lab/Terrier mix Angel couldn't out-run her illnesses. Buying new cars...signing a mortgage....getting married.... NOTHING compares to the emotion on making that call.

Time will heal and you'll fondly remember Nauti when your future Dog does something to remind you. Happens to us all the time with our recent rescue.