Model Cars Magazine Forum

quick ? on pro street

when i hear pro street car i think street legal car i.e. street tires big treaded meats out back. As some of you know i have been looking for this big tread tires.To take part in a community build.Well i broke down and went to buy one my local HL they only had the 66 chevy nova PRO STREET kit and got home opened it open and it has slicks!what the. am i wrong for thinkin it would come with treads bein a pro STREET kit?

No, you're right. A Pro/Street car should have treaded street tires as most of Revell's kits included, but for whatever reason the P/S AMT '66 Nova always contained slicks.

The Revell '67 Chevelle P/S kit is probably the easiest current kit to find with treaded (M/T Sportsmans IIRC) tires.

For some reason, the AMT '66 Nova and '67 Chevelle come with slicks. It may be due to the size of the rear tubs,but not sure about that. The AMT pro street '70 Super Bee has matching front and rear M/T Sportsmans. The AMT pro street '68 Road Runner and '69 GTX have blank sidewall treaded tires that are really nice, but a little harder to come by. The Revell '67 Chevelle has Firestone rear tires. I don't care for the Revell tires personally because of the sidewall detail. The tread detail goes too deep into the sidewalls and makes them look like huge mud grips. The Revell pro street '41 Willys has a decent set of M/T rear tires.

jeff that too funny. I my self would not get the batmobile kit.I think i have a plan for the 66 nova i will be taken the tubbs out and put them in a 86 monte carlo.because that is hopeful someday 1:1 cars but take it up a notch to pro street specs.When that is all said and done i should been able to take that rear stub i remover from the 86 monte carlo and graf it to the 66 nove chassis and make a nice street drive. thanks jamie.

Guest G Holding

For some reason, the AMT '66 Nova and '67 Chevelle come with slicks. It may be due to the size of the rear tubs,but not sure about that. The AMT pro street '70 Super Bee has matching front and rear M/T Sportsmans. The AMT pro street '68 Road Runner and '69 GTX have blank sidewall treaded tires that are really nice, but a little harder to come by. The Revell '67 Chevelle has Firestone rear tires. I don't care for the Revell tires personally because of the sidewall detail. The tread detail goes too deep into the sidewalls and makes them look like huge mud grips. The Revell pro street '41 Willys has a decent set of M/T rear tires.

Correct....the 41 Willys has sweet tires