Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wow thanks guys really apreciate it!

For pant the tank is black I already painted it, back a few post but im thinkin about adding sme sort of stipe to it. For the side cover things its probaly carbon fiber and orange to tie in with the swing arm. The air cleaner covers are the only other body pannels still in use and trying to get rid of them but if they stay probaly white with a honda logo. But I'd love input on any of it, lots of you guys have more skill then I.

And thanks again.

that is too much! love the way you are weathering parts and making them different like its coming out of someones paycheck. the problem is going to be, when you get it done, how to shrink down to 1/6 scale to ride it!

Hello, and thanks jbwelda and cobra man.

This isn't much of an update but its the begin of the two parts that I've dreaded the most.

First of the electrical panel, the stock piece is just one molded in piece, so first I drew out the panel and copied it in to plastic, I've also made all the little boxes but for some reason photo buket wouldn't load them, will have to try again later.

DSCN3049.jpg

And the front controls. The handle where first reshaped to be more "sporty," then all cut apart, a few pieced where scratch built. I know this doesn't look like much but I've actuary got over 6 hours just to get it to this point.....

DSCN3060.jpg

DSCN3065.jpg

Thanks for looking

Thanks man,

How to: Zip ties.

Discovered this a few days ago and figure it might be helpful to any one building in large scale.

You’ll need some heat shrink tube, pin vise and tiny drill bit, and some scissors. Sorry if my descriptions don’t make sense the pictures should make up for it.

First Square up the end of the tube then cut up on the tube leaving but stops the cut before cutting all of the tube.

DSCN3092.jpg

On the top there should be 2-3 ish mm left.

DSCN3093.jpg

Then do the same thing again a few mm next to it, in this picture I made the zip tie way to wide, which can be fixed later.

DSCN3094.jpg

Now about an mm away cut the tube all the way, and then cut in on where you have left some of the tube. The Right side has had this done.

DSCN3096.jpg

Continue doing this on the other side, you should end up with a watch shaped thing.

Now on one side of the rectangle cut the piece separate. Shape the new piece like this: (at this point the zip tie is still in a circle form, so I flatten it out in silly putty while you work on it)

DSCN3098.jpg

Then drill a hole in the top and round off the edges, at this point I realized this was way too wide so I cut it down.

DSCN3100.jpg

The next part pretty self-explanatory just act like normal zip ties.

Here’s it installed:

DSCN3101.jpg

I just did this in less then 5 min, if you when slightly slower it would probably be a lot cleaner.

Hope this help’s someone and an update follows.

Update time!!!

First off pro tech braided line showed up yesterday and is already installed:

DSCN3117.jpg

DSCN3107.jpg

DSCN3108.jpg

The hand controls are also done, on one side, I found a tiny spring that's inside them so it all actually works.

DSCN3114.jpg

DSCN3113.jpg

Also made the cable tensor for them, some how the paints already chipping, will have to retouch it later......

DSCN3116.jpg

More.......

The other side hand control was also built. I cut off most of the stock piece and rebuilt it more like a sports bike would have, before it was the set up most cruisers have.

DSCN3124.jpg

The kick stand has kinda been a ongoing problem, i wasn't happy with the first few tries i posted before so here what I think (hopefully) is the final one.

DSCN3104.jpg

Some of the foot controls where also scratch built.

DSCN3118.jpg

Half the resin this update took so long was that I idiotically knock the bike of my workbench :( so after rebuilding I need to make sure I couldn't do this again, looking again to Moto GP bikes I added this thing under the rear swing arm, the half circle is for a stand when the bike is finished and displayed and the tinny holes bolt the bike down.

DSCN3119.jpg

More.....

The front break is kinda sucky in this kit, so it was chucked in the dremel and turned to in my opinion looks better, then it was painted in MM aluminum and put again in the dremel and polished while spinning.

DSCN3126.jpg

The side body work was also done in a way to look like is going through repairs.

DSCN3127.jpg

And a fuel gauge was added to the tank.

DSCN3125.jpg

And lastly the front wheel got a bit more detailing, its the part that connects to the spedio.

DSCN3129.jpg

Thanks for watching, sorry about the sucky pictures, and your comments are appreciated.

P.S. anyone know how many pic's you can have in a post, I'm hoping I didn't go over.

Edited by Hippie

Your detail work is fantastic.

I'll be honest, if I had a little motorbike that looked like the one you posted I'd drive that to work. I've personally thought about buying a Honda Rukus and modifying the ever loving daylights out of it... then I remembered I seriously need to curtail hobbies that cost a lot. :unsure:

Thank you!! everyone, Honestly If it wasn't for your support I would of moved on to another project.

Some progress,

First off the dramatic story of the rear shocks,Here's a comparison pic, the shock on the left is basically stock, on the right is the best I could do to modify it, not that great.

DSCN3178.jpg

After a few email back in forth I received these epic shocks from RB motion:

DSCN3180.jpg

All assembled up they look like this:

DSCN3182.jpg

Then installed and so on.

DSCN3186.jpg

The foot controls shown before have also been completed and installed:

DSCN3188.jpg

DSCN3190.jpg

The other side was also built, on this side some of the pieces are still Tamiya's plastic just messed with, then some other scratch built stuff was added.

DSCN3187.jpg

a bit more.......

An oil overflow tank is a popular addition in 1:1 so I built this, The braided line appears to travel in a weird path, but it must do this to clear the air cleaner.

DSCN3191.jpg

And the tank it's self just bolts in and was accented with some Pro Tech breathers, and some detail master fittings.

DSCN3193.jpg

DSCN3195.jpg

Then the horn was built up, I added a mount for this early on when the frame was first built but forgot about it till now.....

DSCN3197.jpg

Then comes the seat, this ended up being a bit of a project, I carved out some foam then covered it in some white fabric, then added a million rivets(at least it felt like it :() then weathered and beat it up.

DSCN3198.jpg

DSCN3199.jpg

still a bit more.....

Back in post #31 I showed the chrome accent for the tank, have since decided that it wasn't very cafe looking, so I cut it down and have reshaped it since.

DSCN3201.jpg

Then on top two gas/oil caps will go, yes there isn't a oil tank in the tank but it looks cool....

DSCN3202.jpg

Also got these cool 1/6th scale boots to go with it all, weathered them a bit before this pic and added my initials to the back.

DSCN3203.jpg

When you get um' by the bike it really puts in to perspective how small this bike really is.

DSCN3204.jpg

And here's a overall shot with the new shocks.

DSCN3218.jpg

And if your curious of the size here's a look at it with a 10' mustang:

DSCN3219.jpg

Sorry if you can't tell I'm really excited by these shocks, but they work!! (sorry)

Anyway thanks for looking everyone, and The comments are appreciated, and if you have any question feel free to ask...

Edited by Hippie

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Just a bit of progress to probe I'm not dead....

Got one of the side pods on, scratch built some brackets and pins to hold the panel up. Also added the license plate bracket

DSCN3283.jpg

DSCN3282.jpg

And a totally scratch built front brake, this took a while :)

DSCN3285.jpg

DSCN3286.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Hippie

• 1 month later...

Hi, back to work, realized a few days ago that this threads been going on for more than 6 months! So I figure I need to get it done.........

First off I got the exhaust done and all mounted up:

DSCN3651.jpg

Then I mounted the seat, built a new plastic frame that attached to the seat pan then used some rivets to connect the two, then lastly used some rbmotion shocks to attach it to the car, Here's the modified shocks:

DSCN3284-1.jpg

Then all mounted up:

DSCN3526-1.jpg

DSCN3527.jpg

This is kinda a stupid thing to point out but it took some time: I went back and filled all the bolts that had been added so far and added more washers and stuff, an example of all that work would be the shock mounts before they where just one nut, now a bit different:

DSCN3635.jpg

Also did more on the electronics basically got all the wires in that lead up the the circuit boards, and electrical boxes, main thing was the kill which, witch almost everything needs to be connected to,

DSCN3664.jpg

The other electrical stuff was the front head light and all the switches behind that, also got part of the hand controls and brakes on...

DSCN3663.jpg

Edited by Hippie

bit more....

The front brake line was run,

DSCN3658.jpg

sorry this is kinda silly but, look at the tinny bolts, smallest I've ever used..... :lol:

DSCN3640.jpg

And not much in the way of progress but in the styling department I've decided to move all of the electronics out of the side pods and remove the side pods all together..., so were I had all the mounting point I just filled then with empty screws.....

DSCN3665.jpg

And the next project...... :D :D

DSCN3666.jpg

Thanks for looking, I realize this isn't much in the terms of an update but it took a lot more work then it looks like, thanks...( one more thing, thanks to whoever moved this to big boys section, been meaning to ask some one but i don't got the best memory)

Edited by Hippie