Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar E-Type

jtsimeral

Hello everyone! My name is Jerry and I am from Zanesville, Ohio. I thought I would give a new post a try and show the Jaguar that I did about a year ago. I can't remember which company made it, but it was a challenge to do. I would like it to look better, but at least it looked decent (at least I think so) when finished. I used a lot of putty at the horizontal body junction. I painted it green...although it is not BRG it looked close enough for my taste. It is not shiny, I will hopefully get to that point sometime in my modelling career! :P Thanks for looking.

Oh, feel free to give feedback or to let me know if there is something I should have done before posting pics. I looked but saw nothing regarding. I could have overlooked something though, my wife says I am ADD.

Cheers,

Jerry

post-11398-0-19482100-1359929364_thumb.j

post-11398-0-25254300-1359929392_thumb.j

post-11398-0-78262500-1359929420_thumb.j

post-11398-0-18016800-1359929450_thumb.j

post-11398-0-01803200-1359929479_thumb.j

post-11398-0-46169000-1359929505_thumb.j

You don't need to do anything before you start posting pix. So feel free to post away!

On the Jaguar, I'd suggest adding some chrome foil trim to the window surrounds, wipers, and the two long trim strips that run between the headlights and the rear edge of the hood (I mean "bonnet! :lol: )... and also the little covers for the hood latches on the sides of the hood between the front wheelwell and the door. Adding the chrome trim that's missing would make the model a lot more realistic.

1961-Jaguar-E-Type-convertible-front-sid

I can't remember which company made it, but it was a challenge to do.

My guess is the Revell offering. challenging and also has that stumpy, short look.

any way, you did a fine job and marks a fine beggining. i quite like the white interior. door handles need to be chrome.