Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

NIce paint Karl.

Here's my Celsior engine bolted up to the 'cruiser transmission along with the turbo and whats left of the sump.

LandcruiserWIP29-05-13002_zps1e89ed54.jp

And here's the body & interior tub sitting on the chassis. This is bottomed out so it wont be this low. Wheels are the last resort. I think they are too blingy and i'd prefer more sidewall.

LandcruiserWIP29-05-13001_zps6f513a10.jp

Well I finally have an update for my Torino Talladega. Engine is painted Metallic Blue and Cylinder Heads, Valve Covers, Intake and Oil Pan are from the kit. Oil pan got some Moroso logos on it, and then I scratchbuilt the Pro Charger. Belt pulleys are from the kit and still needs to add the Belt. Bracket for the ProCharger is made from Styrene.

DSCN3372.jpg

DSCN3432.jpg

DSCN3434.jpg

DSCN3436.jpg

Some touchups with paint are still needed.

Heh, thanks Frank! Solder is really good material, because it's so easy to bend to shape.

I built the pipe from Carburetor to Pro Charger. I built it from two pieces of Styrene Tubing, because I didn't have anymore solder. Still some adjustments will be done before paint to make it fit a little better.

DSCN3472.jpg

DSCN3473.jpg

Niko, that engine looks very cool. :)

Big update to my Camino. Interior is finished, body is polished and foiled, engine is installed and body is installed to frame now. Next I need to made exhaust to it, put drive shaft, paint side mirrors, made headlight lences and put some details to the body. Also engine room needs some details too. Here's few pics.

IMG_2146_zpsd94b8e6f.jpg

IMG_2147_zpsd0cec547.jpg

IMG_2148_zps0498ebb5.jpg

Update time, it's not much but any progress is good progress right? So this one's about the back rims, I really liked the street rims the hot rod came with but because they're not deep dish they wouldn't look right on the pro street tires. The only suitable rims I have are from revell's pro street Chevelle, they are flat, bland, and have Chevy bow tie lug nuts. They just wouldn't look right on the hot rod so after some thinking I got the idea to combine the two rims together and turn the street rims into deep dish rims. So after a lot for gentle sanding the shave the pro street rims down with out causing the chrome the flake off and a little sanding to the street rims I glued them together to make custom deep dish rims so it's got matching rims all the around.

Post12Pic1_zps0eb6509b.jpg

Post12Pic3_zpsbe846233.jpg

Some updates on possible design options. A Daytona wing? Mind you, I really can't shorten this or the trunk will be un-openable. I also have a modern charger wing and hood coming for more options. Opinions appreciated, but to be honest, I'm not really feeling it.

2013-06-01160456_zps352d284a.jpg

2013-06-01160515_zps727d5c56.jpg

Got a fair bit done on my stang over started building the chassis on Indy 500 pole day

Most of the chassis is done

DSC_0037_zpsdcf6b488.jpg

Only existing part used is the trans tunnel

DSC_0039_zpsb4e121cc.jpg

As you can see from these pictures how far the engine is going to be set back

DSC_0041_zps61978d3e.jpg

DSC_0038_zps24e767d0.jpg

Also started on the rear clip

DSC_0040_zpsb79d20af.jpg

Started on the body work with an extension to the GT500 spoiler

DSC_0045_zpsf25d2911.jpg

Cut out the stock diffuser will be replaced with a new one

DSC_0044_zps132ec289.jpg

Started filling the vent hole in the hood also cut out a small bit at the back for clearance for the air box

DSC_0046_zps79feada8.jpg

Heres the fitment of the chassis to the body

DSC_0047_zpsac620b37.jpg

DSC_0042_zpsf824feeb.jpg

And the wheels ill be using

DSC_0048_zpse655b251.jpg

Updated the front to resemble the new mustang front, also sealed off the front for better aero

DSC_0049_zps94db25ab.jpg

Killer looking cages Kurt and August!

Rob, it's a really interesting idea, but the car looks a little short for the tall wing. I had the same idea for my GTX but came to the same conclusion, it wasn't bad, it just didn't work for it.

everyone's builds are looking pretty awesome

here's an overdue update on my superbee

075_zps5d3ce774.jpg

081_zps1523a5fc.jpg

interior needs dusted:(

079_zps3a2af61c.jpg

077_zpsb03f7b5c.jpg

and finally started puttin some color on the body

002_zps7c8b8499.jpg

Edited by knarf

Nice work Frank two pics are missing though.

Nothing to update for the hot rod I came up with a name for it though, Mr Sinister. And my team name is 16Ten racing for the numbers of cylinders each car will have.

Now for my second entry the rebuild of my 67 GTX titled Sinister's Snake. My plans for it are to build it up like something from the Fast and Furious movies. It will have the suspension and power plant from a Viper, bare bones interior, roll cage, something made for performance, haven't decided on a color yet, but I'm thinking something with black and red.

Post1Pic2_zps5590b78a.jpg

And now. . . wait for it . . .

It's BATH TIME!!! :D:huh: . . . . *looks around* -_-<_<

Alright come out from behind the couch everyone, I'm talking about the car not you guys.

Post1Pic4_zps5bb41d27.jpg

And after 2 odd days it's half done.

Post1Pic5_zps5c689c72.jpg

And after 2 more days the blue is off, I'm going to try to take the grey off but for now I think I'll used it for sanding. There's a few aspects of the car I want to change.

Post1Pic7_zpsea3379dc.jpg

And that will kick off this build.