Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hollywood Knights

This is how it looked in about 83 or 84 when a friend had the car for a summer although he wasn't a friend yet, I didn't even know the guy but I remembered the car cruising around Grand Rapids and never gave it any thought. Fast forward 18yrs and we are friends he brings out these pics! Turns out he was tight with the mag and they didn't need the car between Super Chevy shows and asked if he wanted to hang on to the car for a couple months that way they didn't have to cart it back west and told him he could use it but "you break it you bought it".

I gotta build that car you posted pics of. Love it, I have a Revell kit from the 80's or something of a street machine 57.

Edited by Terminator-Fox

I seem to recall that a club built a 1/25 scale diorama of 'Tubby's Drive In" sometime back in the late’80s, which was given a couple of pages in that "other" model magazine. As I recall, it was pretty amazing, but I can't remember if the cars from the movie were featured or not. I do remember a cop issuing a ticket in the display. (Just checked, it was the July August issue, 1986, now I'll have to go find it in my stash to see).

Edited by Watertown

• 6 months later...

How did I miss this thread. Anyway, my wife and I love this movie. I want to build these cars also. And I also love the movie Hot Rod. Great flick. I did start the Willy and researched the Cutlass. They used several cars for both. I'm also gonna build the white 1960 Olds wagon. Not so much that Studebaker truck.