Model Cars Magazine Forum

Awe, OK… here's some V-8 Macho stuff. `65 Mustang coupe being resto-moded. Paint is beyond description, it must be seen in direct sunlight to really appreciate it. It's a candy brandywine. Add in the Torque Thrusts after they're polished and wow. Sweet Mustang!

Image11-vi.jpg

There's still some polish residue but you can get an idea on the color.

Image10-vi.jpg

Image5-vi.jpg

That window with the monitor in the background….. That's the Bosses office and he has a state of the art aimable video system and intercom. With 26,000 sq. ft. it's hard to be everywhere at once. Once in a while he'll use the intercom for the shop your in and start talking to you about what your doing. More often than not, it's humorous and not obnoxious. But he is obsessed with keeping up with everything that's going on. It's the way he's wired and it works. No complaints here.

that's a purty red on the stang, I recall a similar color on a local hot rod built by Butch Tucker (local pinstriper from the Von Dutch era) that was a candy called Garnet Red. It was also a color that didn't really pop till it was in sunlight.

that's a purty red on the stang, I recall a similar color on a local hot rod built by Butch Tucker (local pinstriper from the Von Dutch era) that was a candy called Garnet Red. It was also a color that didn't really pop till it was in sunlight.

So true. Certain angles it changes from red to black to gold, and all combinations in-between. It's getting a small block/ 4 spd. with suspension upgrades. A former co-worker from my old Infiniti dealer is the Mustang owner's neighbor. I've been sending him updates as he remembers the car un-restored. It's certainly coming along nice.

Looks like some kick ass restorations going on there..Hope the boss pays the painter well.Looks like he does some KILLER work..Afterall it the final look that gets the crowd noticing..If its got flaws in it no one even gives it a second look..Those you've posted will get LOTS of looks/awards...

Our painter will send cars back to the body shop for imperfections, pin holes, and anything else that will make EVERYONE look bad. Heck, he sent a car back to the metalshop to have a body panel re-welded! But we all strive for a nice job. Being in the final assembly end of it all, I get everyones final product and it's up to me and my fellow assembler not to mess anything up. And yes, the paint is the attraction. It's gotta be nice & sweet…..

My job is to keep our thumbprints out of the frosting. B)