Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

It's a drag car, so I'll put it here! Found this at a yard sale Sat. Body, int. & chassis is complete, minus motor. Check out the original price on the box. That was a dept. store in town. The '67 Camaro is a complete body, int. & chassis, minus motor, wheels & frt. bumper. Anyone know what kit it was? It has an ss hood, ss grille with hideaway h/l. The chevy truck & the buick bank were separate items. All together, they cost me $2!!!

post-9814-0-77148100-1378657956_thumb.jp

post-9814-0-19769600-1378658120_thumb.jp

I went to the Super September Showdown Sunday today in Gilbertsville, PA. I used to drive 2 hrs to this show. Now that I live in PA it's a half hour on country roads! Anyway, here's the loot...

IMG_3754-vi.jpg

The vendor area was healthy with a lot of guys with cheap kits. Deora minus glass $5 (I just wanted the slant six) and '33 Ford street rod minus instructions, decals and one bumper mount $10. I've been playing with these and needed another parts kit. The price was right.

IMG_3755-vi.jpg

An old boat trailer for $3. It does have velvet on it, so I will probably add a deck and it can be the trailer for the Olde Kustom Kollection.

IMG_3756-vi.jpg

30 something little plastic cars for $5. I had these as a kid and just wanted the bag of them!

IMG_3758-vi.jpg

And an old built up of the SMP '61 Chevy pickup in a nice box for $20. No hood, no grill and the tail gate was hacked away. Dig that corduroy!

IMG_3760-vi.jpg

Some odd parts in the box for the optional stake bed and trailer. Not enough to do anything. And a clean near complete decal sheet. The custom grill is a '61 Dodge unit.

So I made out pretty well for a $43 investment!

I don't ever remember seeing that '33 street rod. Is it a nice kit?

there are two kits, the '33 has a street rod modern interior and chassis. The '34 is pretty much the same kit, but with stock interior and chassis suspension. People have said that the body has issues, such as the roof being too square and the hood being too long. I started out with the '34 that I did the rat rod, and have another body sectioned. I wanted more to play with.

IMG_3101-vi.jpg

Here's the '34 body (same exact part in the '33 kit) that I sectioned. I need to build a chassis and interior for it.

Your 318 only looks so pretty cause some kind should painted it to look like a Chevy... ;)

Got the heads and oil pan off my 350, and the bores look great. No step at the top of the cylinder and they still all have the original cross hatch. Lifters and lifter bores are tip top as well. This is great news.

I had one of these as a kid back in the 60's and have been looking for one but I didn't like the idea of spending $100 for one .

I finally came across this one for $35 plus $12 shipping !

5_zps52c90465.jpg

And for a first test I used an old Corvette nose from my junk pile .

6_zps68b6c1b1.jpg

From eBay. Two sealed NASCAR combo kits and a Pro Street T-Bird that was supposed to be complete, but is missing the rear axle and wheelie bars. Grrrrr.

DSCN2275-vi.jpg

DSCN2219-vi.jpg

wow that sucks cause that Thunderbird is a great kit, maybe someone can help you out here in the trades section, if i had one an extra one i would send it to you.....

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...