Model Cars Magazine Forum

How often do you visit Hobby Lobby?

And the one closest to me always seems to be full of babes of all ages. Probably a good place to meet women who have a creative streak...the kind who might understand why a grown-up guy plays with toy cars. B)

The one here is the same. It's got more good looking women than any dating web site.

I can't help that they were open before their "grand opening". the store seemed like four acres of Chinese flea market when I went there. so big it had a "season" in each corner; Christmas over here, Easter next door, Fourth of July catty-corner and Thanksgiving crowded up on Halloween. the models were easy to find; all the way at the back and on one aisle.

And the one closest to me always seems to be full of babes of all ages. Probably a good place to meet women who have a creative streak...the kind who might understand why a grown-up guy plays with toy cars. B)

This!!! There is no shortage of female hotness at the Lobby. I was in today for some sand paper and clear coat, there was a smoooookin hot blonde at the checkout before I left.

I had been going to the local Hobby Lobby a least once a week with coupon for the last couple of years, then I started slacking off, maybe once a month or less. I received a gift card from my Daughter and ended up buying a Revell '62 Vette last week for around $16. I noticed they had some other newer kits like the Stacy David '32, the AMT "Sock it to Me" '62, and some others. Funny thing is, when I rush out to buy a new offering somewhere else I don't always build it right away anyway so, why not just wait till Hobby Lobby gets it? I still have the '50 Old's waiting to be built that I rushed out to buy as an example. Oh, and the local store here is around 14 miles away, so I try to plan it with other shopping in the area. I will go there tomorrow to see about the clearance table, thanks for the info on that. I still have almost $9 on my gift card I was going to use for paint on the '62 Vette so I can show her what she bought me.

Our lobby had xmas stuff out back in June for some reason lol

For a store like Hobby Lobby, I don't think that's weird. People who get into craftwork for the holidays need to get a head start on it. For regular retailers like department stores, it's crazy to start this soon.

For a store like Hobby Lobby, I don't think that's weird. People who get into craftwork for the holidays need to get a head start on it. For regular retailers like department stores, it's crazy to start this soon.

Agreed, I have zero problems with Hobby Lobby or Michaels selling Christmas stuff months early or year round, its when place's like Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart bring the Christmas stuff out before the Halloween stuff.

Edited by martinfan5

The wifey works next door to one, so she"ll head over at least once or twice a week during her lunch break for me. All I do is go online, see what i might want, send her a picture and she has it home for me before I get there. ;)[Yeah she spoils me :) ] All the girls that work there treat her like a fellow employee. They even offered her a job... :lol:I'm so lucky she's so supportive!! ^_^

Just saw this,well actually, i saw it a bit ago an i'm just now throwin in my two cents. Our Hobby Lobby honestly is as bare as Micheal's! They both have what, maybe a DOZEN kits to choose from, nothing NEW, like the 99 Mustang or 50 Olds or 57 ford, just the monkee mobile an 25th snapper peterbilt, an stuff like that. They have a few military kits, Planes an tanks an ships , but there's not a real big selection of AUTOMOTIVE stuff. They BOTH have a pretty nice selection of paint though. At least ours do, but they pretty much sux in everthing else. Our LHS closed up over a year ago,and things have pretty much dried up as far as local places to buy supplies is concerned.

Harry's got it right -- Hobby Lobby carries all kinds of things that most hobby stores catering to model builders don't have -- a wide variety of flocking, multiple mesh sizes and types, metallic leaf paints, fabrics, embossing powder, cloth fabrics for inkjet printing, paints for cloth items like T-shirts, storage boxes and expandable folders, specialized papers, heat laminators -- all of which I've used, and much more. The 40% coupons don't hurt, either.

Edited by sjordan2

Once a year. I get to make one trip a year to the states and the closest Hobby Lobby to me is over 200 miles away. This year I picked up a couple of the Rat Roaster kits, which are not available in Canadian hobby shops. I expect to be surrounded by car modellers at my clubs next meeting.

The existence of Hobby Lobby and the 40 off coupon has either been a wonderful thing or awful thing for me. I have one about 5 minutes away and my girlfriend loves to go for scrapbooking goodies. And there I am on the hobby aisle realizing I can get this or that get for next to nothing. So I end up getting like a kit a week it seems. It's absurd. You should see me on that model aisle looking up kit reviews in preparation for a sound purchasing decision. :)