Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

the 64 and 59 just showed up along with my airbrush thingie doodle ,, now i should get the 65 and the 56 , that would bring me from 55 right up to 66 ,, but i was not much of a fan of the 65 ,, loved the 66 001-86_zps7dbcfaf6.jpg

Were you looking at building some kits as part of the lowrider CBP?

My favorite line of cars has to be the Impala, from 58 - 67, and i have a lot of them and different variations from the hard tops to convertibles, etc. My favorite has to be the 64 SS. I recently picked up the 64 impala lowrider magazine version with the blue hip-line decals that are really really nice.

IMG_3103-vi.jpg

I got this neat little promo recently. I went to a facility management trade show and the Got Junk? company was there with a 1:1 of their truck right out on the show floor. They were giving these away, that makes them promotional models in the true sense. The truck is Matchbox car size, is an accurate version of their truck, the bed dumps too. The only marking on it is Made In China on the base. I should've passed by the booth a couple of times to grab a few! :)

At MassCar's show this past Sunday, I got....

One of those 1988 Buick Regal promos- $5.00. It has a split tire and a missing piece of trim. I'm working on figuring out how to make it clean and presentable again. I don't think those tires are anything that'll fit off-the-rack, so this might require a bit of fancy footwork. Anyone have any suggestions?

Some leftover MCW paint in the old 2-ounce bottles for $2/each. Good deal.

And a couple of Jo-Han Sho-Cases. Still the best display case that's been made in my opinion. They're getting pricey, though. $8/each.

Charlie Larkin

I thought I had gotten a vintage 1977 Monaco kit, and I did...sort of.

T2eC16Vy0E9s2S65DEBRQe8KU4Qw60_57_zpseaf

At some point the seller had gotten it mixed up with a Roadrunner kit, so I had a Monaco kit with a '75 Roadrunner body! He's sending the Monaco body out first thing Monday with postage to return the RR body. I thought that was pretty cool of him.

Edited by MAGNUM4342

This is what I came home with from the first of our three model swap meets for the year, overall, there really was not much that jump out and I had to have, I got the Alfa kit for $20 , I am happy about that, and the NASCAR kit was free, it was given to me by a fellow club member , very nice of him
smk_zps02262db4.jpg

After watching Graveyard carz last week on discovery, i just could not contain myself anymore!

Tom3_zps2276a2dd.jpg

I now need a Charger daytona aswell :P

Graveyard Carz is just like ALL the other car shows, 5 minutes of cars and the rest of the show is the comedy hour. What a waste of time. And yeah I like Mopars.

This is what I came home with from the first of our three model swap meets for the year, overall, there really was not much that jump out and I had to have, I got the Alfa kit for $20 , I am happy about that, and the NASCAR kit was free, it was given to me by a fellow club member , very nice of him

smk_zps02262db4.jpg

Jonathan,If you don't really want that silverado I'd be interested in it.bigtim

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...