Model Cars Magazine Forum

Oldskoo Kustoms

rollinoldskoo

yea, i've thought of puttin some cragars on it..... i got those supremes from the 70 impala kit.... the same kit comes with pretty awesome set of cragars as well... as far as the chrome front and rear corners, i really don't kno.... i kno that some of the guys did that back in th days.... the guys in cali can drive their stuff down to Mexico and get chrome for cheap.....

Awesome paint job on the '65 Impala. I really dig the old school 1970's look you are going for on this model. As for old school lowrider wheels, I prefer the Astro Supremes with thin whitewalls that are in the pictures you posted. That AMT '70 Impala kit has some cool old school parts for lowriders. Besides the Supremes and Cragars, it also has a chain steering wheel. Keep up the good work.

carrucha

Awesome paint job on the '65 Impala. I really dig the old school 1970's look you are going for on this model. As for old school lowrider wheels, I prefer the Astro Supremes with thin whitewalls that are in the pictures you posted. That AMT '70 Impala kit has some cool old school parts for lowriders. Besides the Supremes and Cragars, it also has a chain steering wheel. Keep up the good work.

carrucha

and the chassis fits the bodies for 66, 68, 69, 71-76 impalas and caprices..... :D

i love that color you used on the wagon. but the graphics.. well i was kinda of expecting to see something more.. dramatic besides just some straight lines. either way it still looks good and you make it look easy.

:D yea... i kinda kept it super basic on this roof.... i'll do more crazy stuff on my 66 chevelle wagon roof :o

Gee guy is ther any thing you can't scratch build? The wires are outrageous, when where the 39 Chev's in yellow plastic , the 4 dr. is availble in resin, but I don't think you'll need to go that route. Here's another question, have you searched the net for pics of 39 Chev. converts, I have and haven't found one for reference pics[ all the angles], my son found one that I use as a screen saver, it black, brown interior, but there's a model standing in frt. of the side, darn. I know he found it on lowrider mags. site quite a few yrs. ago, It does have a club placard in it but since I can't see it now I'm not sure what club is represented, real bad recall. I have even searched the club site and still can't find any pics of it. I really like 39 Chevies, all of them. Also 46-8 Fleetlines. 2 & 4 drs.. Enough said will be look'in for progress on the 39's.

Gee guy is ther any thing you can't scratch build? The wires are outrageous, when where the 39 Chev's in yellow plastic , the 4 dr. is availble in resin, but I don't think you'll need to go that route. Here's another question, have you searched the net for pics of 39 Chev. converts, I have and haven't found one for reference pics[ all the angles], my son found one that I use as a screen saver, it black, brown interior, but there's a model standing in frt. of the side, darn. I know he found it on lowrider mags. site quite a few yrs. ago, It does have a club placard in it but since I can't see it now I'm not sure what club is represented, real bad recall. I have even searched the club site and still can't find any pics of it. I really like 39 Chevies, all of them. Also 46-8 Fleetlines. 2 & 4 drs.. Enough said will be look'in for progress on the 39's.

as far as i know there was no convertable offered in 39.... the one u saw is probably the same i've seen.... a one-off done by the Tovar family... Try searching that name and you might find it... they build a lot of classic "Bombs" and had a original 37 convertable they built up featured recently on the cover of Lowrider Magazine too....

Hello there friend! Your arsenal is filled with alot of cars that has fond memories for me and from the looks of all the WIP's your way deep in the model cars realm' Keep on wit the keepin on!!! Your doing a awesome job there :lol: The modifications are badd a@#

peace

ajulia

The Tovar '39 Chevy convertable was the cover car in the May 2001 issue of Lowrider Magazine.

carrucha

Geez and I thought I was bad about starting another project before the other was done. How many you got going now?

you don't wanna know..... :lol:

Hello there friend! Your arsenal is filled with alot of cars that has fond memories for me and from the looks of all the WIP's your way deep in the model cars realm' Keep on wit the keepin on!!! Your doing a awesome job there :lol: The modifications are badd a@#

peace

ajulia

i've been heavy into it for more than 10 years..... got more projects than anything.... some are stalled wishing for chrome suspensions.... :lol:

a buddy of mine on the LayitLow forums gave me this tip..... ;) 70 impala front bench..... fits PERFECT after removing the center console.... even the seat patterns match well...

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

went for the patterned top but today wasn't my best.... :rolleyes: i kinda rushed thru so a couple bad spots on the red and the green has even more issues... heres a few mockup pics...

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

here u can see how the green messed up.... :(

IMG_1931.jpg

a MS Paint drawing of how i wanna finish it up.... ;)

monteroof.jpg

B)