Model Cars Magazine Forum

On My Bench

93Z34

I had put this away for awhile after I got burned out earlier this year. I dug it out tonight after talking to my buddy Jeff and will once again start hacking away at this project.

So far I opened the short track style grilles as well as the other grilles. I also opened the trunk, roof flap, and fuel filler on the body. This will be Johnny Benson's Valvoline Pontiac...HOPEFULLY. Anyways, here are some pics of what I have accomplished so far:

10valvoline-top.jpg

What the car will look like when it's done..

bumper1.jpg

bumper2.jpg

bumper3.jpg

ShortTrackGrilles.jpg

RoofFlap.jpg

NascarExtremeBuilds006.jpg

NascarExtremeBuilds005.jpg

NascarExtremeBuilds004.jpg

NascarExtremeBuilds003.jpg

I have gotten some more done on this car. I decided to build the front rollcage out of aluminum, so I started this undertaking a couple nights ago. This is as far as I got so far...and don't ask me why I decided to go this route with the car... :?

front16.jpg

front10.jpg

front9.jpg

front1.jpg

front2.jpg

I will get back to work on this assembly tomorrow afternoon or evening, most likely. I will also begin to build my crush panels for the car and start measuring my fender bracing and so forth for the body as well tomorrow...Hope y'all enjoy the pics...