Model Cars Magazine Forum

1949 Mercury

MrObsessive

• 1 year later...

Thanks Scott!

I still have the Merc after all this time-----I just wish I had gotten the engine color right! Just goes to show you that we all make mistakes-------I guess one lesson in all of this as you can never fully trust an "original" car for reference pics! :D

As far as the tutorial, I'm still learning things all the time-----and I've been building for over 35 years now!

Wow... Great bumping work Scott! And great tutorial Bill.

Those ghosting prevention methods... Gold! just a need-to-know kind of thing.

Also, I have a question. The BMF work on the rear window, was that done with a single square of BMF or was it done in sections?

Thank you both!

Edited by fitforbattle

Also, I have a question. The BMF work on the rear window, was that done with a single square of BMF or was it done in sections?

Thank you both!

Thanks for the compliment Robin! As far as the BMF, I do mine in sections. This saves on BMF as it's not exactly cheap anymore (what is?), and it just seems a bit easier for me. Some like to do a single square and that's OK.......it's whatever is easier for you.

Wow...what an awesome tutorial!!!!

Bill, you need to do a book on the basics, and I need to print and publish it!

Hmmm..........I've had two people (who know nothing about the hobby) say the exact same thing, particularly after I had shown them videos of the type of work I do via my phone.

So who knows..............I may do just that down the road. ;)

• 4 years later...

Thanks Tom!

Wow how time does fly! I looked at the date when I originally made this post and it's hard to believe it's heading on TEN years since I did this! I still have the '49 Mercury......it just sits in the case and I take it out and look at it every now and then. ;)

Edited by MrObsessive