Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stephanie's Rose- Halibrand-equipped '41 Willys - Completed 5-4-2014!

Art Laski

I'm not sure what I got myself into now, but I decided to open the doors and the trunk up. It's going to be a lot more work, but will probably be worth it in the end. The only thing is, I've never done hinges before, so it took me a while to figure out how I wanted to go about it. At first tried an internal hinge, but there's no room behind the firewall on this car, so I pretty much just emulated the stock Willy's location.

IMG_0384-vi.jpg

IMG_0386-vi.jpg

IMG_0011-vi.jpg

IMG_0009-vi.jpg

IMG_0018-vi.jpg

IMG_0020-vi.jpg

IMG_0012-vi.jpg

I have a question regarding this project that I am hoping a hemi expert might be able to help me out with. This kit comes with a dual oil filter external mount, but I have no idea where to route the oil lines. If it was a Chevy, it wouldn't be a question, as my dad was a racing engine builder when I was growing up. The only thing is, all he built were small and big block Chevys. But I do not see a filter location like what I would see on a Chevy block.

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance!!

Just started following this build, looks great so far, love the scratch building. I'm learning so much,and even started trying some myself.......Just a thought here, did you think of asking Stephanie Rose how she would like it to look? Growing up in a house full of women and now married with two daughters, the one thing I've learned is they have very definate ideas of what they want and like.

I have a question regarding this project that I am hoping a hemi expert might be able to help me out with. This kit comes with a dual oil filter external mount, but I have no idea where to route the oil lines. If it was a Chevy, it wouldn't be a question, as my dad was a racing engine builder when I was growing up. The only thing is, all he built were small and big block Chevys. But I do not see a filter location like what I would see on a Chevy block.

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance!!

Here ya go Art.

This is the dual setup for a Hemi, and this is where it's mounted.

Corey

hemioilfilters-vi.jpg

oilfilter2-vi.jpg

Hope this helps Art.

Art, is this an old 392 type Hemi or the newer 426 Hemi? The oiling systems might be different. I noticed you had a distributor location on the back of your manifold; to me, that indicates a 392 type Hemi but the oil system pictures look to be from a 426 Hemi- but I could be wrong. You might want to do a little research to be sure.

Just started following this build, looks great so far, love the scratch building. I'm learning so much,and even started trying some myself.......Just a thought here, did you think of asking Stephanie Rose how she would like it to look? Growing up in a house full of women and now married with two daughters, the one thing I've learned is they have very definate ideas of what they want and like.

Thanks, Roger. You make a very good point... but, let's face it, I'm building this for me! :D I "hope" she likes it!

Edited by Art Laski