Model Cars Magazine Forum

any michigan model car builders

toby

...thanks for the invite George and Kris. I will definitely make it a point to stop up. I know of no clubs or groups in my immediate area, so I pretty much do this on my own. Sounds like a good time..........

Danny, if your interested, ONCE a year, we have a Yard Party type of meeting over at one of the older members house. Bob opens his home to us every Sept. and we have the club meeting at his house. Quite a few guys bring their real cars, an just park them in his backyard(He's gotta BIG yard)

an we kinda have a mini car show,model club meet! It's ALOT of fun, and I GAYRONTEEEE you'd have a GOOD time! Our NEXT meeting is NEXT Friday, at Bob's. Just let me know if you'd like ta come, and i'll send ya the proper directions!!!!<_<;) ;)

Danny, if your interested, ONCE a year, we have a Yard Party type of meeting over at one of the older members house. Bob opens his home to us every Sept. and we have the club meeting at his house. Quite a few guys bring their real cars, an just park them in his backyard(He's gotta BIG yard)

an we kinda have a mini car show,model club meet! It's ALOT of fun, and I GAYRONTEEEE you'd have a GOOD time! Our NEXT meeting is NEXT Friday, at Bob's. Just let me know if you'd like ta come, and i'll send ya the proper directions!!!!:PB);)

George.

I lost MY directions to Bob's. Send them to me, please. :blink::blink::blink::blink:

old topic I know, lol but I too am a Michigander. I live in a little po-dunk town called Adrian, which is centered about a half hour from Brooklyn (where Michigan International Speedway is) and Toledo, OH. Born & raised in Jackson, and lived in Vandercook, Battle Creek, Bellevue, and Napoleon as well lol. Can't seem to find my way out of the State! lmao

an we kinda have a mini car show,model club meet! It's ALOT of fun, and I GAYRONTEEEE you'd have a GOOD time! Our NEXT meeting is NEXT Friday, at Bob's. Just let me know if you'd like ta come, and i'll send ya the proper directions!!!!:P :P ;)

...I'd love to come but will have to make it next time. Going to be out of town for the weekend. I look forward to meeting with you guys though, and plans willing it'll be next month!

Edited by dannyi

old topic I know, lol but I too am a Michigander. I live in a little po-dunk town called Adrian, which is centered about a half hour from Brooklyn (where Michigan International Speedway is) and Toledo, OH. Born & raised in Jackson, and lived in Vandercook, Battle Creek, Bellevue, and Napoleon as well lol. Can't seem to find my way out of the State! lmao

....Michelle, you were just a stones throw away from me a few months ago. We moved to Monroe from Petersburg back in March. Know what you mean about finding your way out of here, been trying for years!!..lol

....Michelle, you were just a stones throw away from me a few months ago. We moved to Monroe from Petersburg back in March. Know what you mean about finding your way out of here, been trying for years!!..lol

I FINALLY did find my way outta Michigan. I was born and raised in Jackson. Moved to PA back in July. BEST thing I coulda ever done.

I've been to Petersburg a couple times, not really a big place either lol. I went to Dundee while I was out that way recently to see the aftermath of the tornado that hit Cabella's and that water park next door, place still isn't completely cleaned up! I had the chance to possibly move to Costa Mesa, California earlier this year to work for my brother at AnQi Bistro (from the An Family, the same owners of The Crustacean restaurant). That pretty much fell through because I didn't exactly have the means to move out there. Maybe someday lol, he did just change jobs to another pretty big restaurant corp. but I'm not holding my breath lol.

WHY would you guys wanna LEAVE??? I been here all my life, been to a few other states an cities, even been ta S.E. Asia an I've ALWAYS come back home. I LOVE it here, we got a BEAUTIFUL state and you guys should be PROUD to be from Michigan! I'll get the proper directions to Bob's house an send them to ya Pat! Hope to see you guys there, it'll be a BLAST!!!:PB);)

...I totally agree that Michigan is a beautiful state and it will always be home, but the winters are starting to get to me. As I get older, the gray gloominess, and cold just last too long. I know we'll never leave, too many ties here, family, friends and so on. Leaving is basically wishful thinking, deep down I know I would miss it here. Just wish the winters were only 2 months instead of what seems like 8!!

WHY would you guys wanna LEAVE??? I been here all my life, been to a few other states an cities, even been ta S.E. Asia an I've ALWAYS come back home. I LOVE it here, we got a BEAUTIFUL state and you guys should be PROUD to be from Michigan! I'll get the proper directions to Bob's house an send them to ya Pat! Hope to see you guys there, it'll be a BLAST!!!:unsure::lol: :lol:

I agree, Michigan is a beautiful state, but I left for job purposes.

I could never leave Michigan's four beautiful seasons... Winter, Almost Winter, Still Winter, and Road Construction. <_<

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

this is why I want to leave! LOL not to mention the enormous amount of stupid drivers. The most recent event for example: Thursday afternoon I was chatting in the mall parking lot with my buddy and we hear CRASH right in back of us, not even 15 feet away. Scared the living daylights out of me. Some little old lady in a blue Focus turned to go into a parking spot that she thought was open about two spaces down from where I was parked, and there was a green Malibu pulling through the same spot to leave. There was a massive black conversion van parked in front of an old chevy truck, blocking the old lady's view, and CRASH! Somebody called the police to report it, and about 5 min later they show up. Of course my friend & I decide to stay and watch, lol.

It's not fun when you had nothing to do with it, yet when you talk to the cops as a witness, they treat you like you did something wrong.... "why are you loitering in the parking lot? Not entering in any illegal activities are you? (my friend I was talking to is a big teddy bear of a man who happens to be black...) you know you have a cracked windshield, I can write a ticket for that (yeah yeah, I do need to get that fixed lol)" but anyway, the cops in Jackson, Napoleon, Adrian, and surrounding areas are all blankity blanks. If you're young, they will hassle you like it's their sworn duty. Doesn't matter what you drive, how you drive it, where you are, what you're doing, what color your skin is, or who you're with. They will find a reason to get in your business and find a reason to ruin your day. In my 25 years of living (all of which has been right here in Michigan), I have only encountered ONE police officer that let me off with a warning. I am not a mouthy or unruly young woman, I am polite and courteous every time I get pulled over (it's not really that often honestly), I'm not a druggie, I don't even drink. Yet I MUST be up to something if I'm out late, have friends in the car, etc. So who knows. Maybe I should carry a box of fresh Krispy Kremes with me wherever I go so next time I'm pulled over and the cop asks me why he stopped me, I can simply hold the donuts up & say " 'cause you smelled 'em " with a nice grin, maybe get on his good side lol.

this is why I want to leave! LOL not to mention the enormous amount of stupid drivers. The most recent event for example: Thursday afternoon I was chatting in the mall parking lot with my buddy and we hear CRASH right in back of us, not even 15 feet away. Scared the living daylights out of me. Some little old lady in a blue Focus turned to go into a parking spot that she thought was open about two spaces down from where I was parked, and there was a green Malibu pulling through the same spot to leave. There was a massive black conversion van parked in front of an old chevy truck, blocking the old lady's view, and CRASH! Somebody called the police to report it, and about 5 min later they show up. Of course my friend & I decide to stay and watch, lol.

It's not fun when you had nothing to do with it, yet when you talk to the cops as a witness, they treat you like you did something wrong.... "why are you loitering in the parking lot? Not entering in any illegal activities are you? (my friend I was talking to is a big teddy bear of a man who happens to be black...) you know you have a cracked windshield, I can write a ticket for that (yeah yeah, I do need to get that fixed lol)" but anyway, the cops in Jackson, Napoleon, Adrian, and surrounding areas are all blankity blanks. If you're young, they will hassle you like it's their sworn duty. Doesn't matter what you drive, how you drive it, where you are, what you're doing, what color your skin is, or who you're with. They will find a reason to get in your business and find a reason to ruin your day. In my 25 years of living (all of which has been right here in Michigan), I have only encountered ONE police officer that let me off with a warning. I am not a mouthy or unruly young woman, I am polite and courteous every time I get pulled over (it's not really that often honestly), I'm not a druggie, I don't even drink. Yet I MUST be up to something if I'm out late, have friends in the car, etc. So who knows. Maybe I should carry a box of fresh Krispy Kremes with me wherever I go so next time I'm pulled over and the cop asks me why he stopped me, I can simply hold the donuts up & say " 'cause you smelled 'em " with a nice grin, maybe get on his good side lol.

ESPECIALLY Blackman township. I worked at the Buddy's station on the corner of Michigan Ave. and Elm St. (3rd shift) about 10 years ago. EVERY cop in Jackson County came in there and hung out for an hour or so just shootin the breeze. One of em, Chris Boulter, was still wet behind the ears then. He went to Blackman a few years ago, when it came to pulling me over and finding out I had a warrant for unpaid speeding tickets, he was a real ____ (insert your favorite 4 letter word here).

• 2 months later...

Well I am fromerly of MI. was a member of the Southeast Michigan Modelers ( 93-95) don't know of they are still around. grew up in Redford graduated Redford Union in 83, Walled Lake, and Detroit (moved in 1970) Returned from 9 years in the service in 92. couldn't stand all the people and build up. left in 95 never looked back. ONLY thing I miss is the almost daily car shows in the summer, and the model clubs and events.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are killing me, you're all trolls!! :D

Western UP, Allouez, Copper Country, and yes, Jordan lives in Houghton,(Michigan Tech student), but he's a troll too

We call people like Jordan "transplanted Yoopers" ;)

Jerry, My oldest boy lives in Grand Rapids, and he visits Riders on 28th St when his work schedule allows.

He's a member of some club down there, but I'n not sure which one. If you're interested in contacting him, PM me.

Cheers, Ian

• 4 weeks later...