Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #48 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

:) Well Harry, ya gots me!I for sure tought it was a real one, but I guess it's not. I couldn't stand the suspense, so I hada ask one o' my "secret agents" to check it out for me and he was able to see thru your "smoke screen" and reveal the truth!But as far as the scale is concerned,it's gotta be bigger than 1/24th because of the detail involved(unless it was built by Bill Geary)And, I know there is NO 1/8th model of that particular vette, so I too go with Clay on this an say, 1/16th scale. :angry:

Is that a 1/12 scale model? The detail is superb and if you had included those interior and underhood shots in the beginning, you might have fooled more members, myself included!

The thing that convinced me it was a model were the windows and the front bumper, they just didn't look right.

Let us know who built that beauty.

Mike

1/6th scale.

I voted "real" and quickly found out I'd been had :)

Gotcha!

Yes, it's 1/6.

It's from Highway 61, and it's a DIECAST! (Yes, diecasts ARE models!!!)

It's 28 inches long and weighs about 35 pounds!

This is the first 1/6 scale model from that company, maybe more to come? The price: $800! :angry:

Yep! I wanted so bad to say where the model came from, but didn't want to spoil things!

The model is made by Highway 61.............I got to see this model up close and personal when I took a trip to our local car musuem here in Hershey, PA. The museum had a gift shop, and there it was sitting out in the open for all to see.

It is VERY impressive in person! :o The amount of detail is staggering----and so is the price..............a wallet strangling $800!!!!! :blink::lol:

Interestingly enough, for it's size the model has no hardtop and no folding soft top. My 1:12 scale Danbury Mint '56 has both those features and it didn't cost 800 bucks!

Another feature they missed is the chrome trim that goes around the perimeter of the roll up windows. In all fairness though the '57 that I built doesn't have them either, but then mine's only 1:24. :angry:

Edit: If you check right here you can see a full review with a ton more pics!

Also read the buyer's reviews.............of the few that commented, they had some not so favorable things to say about it. :)

Edited by MrObsessive

Interestingly enough, for it's size the model has no hardtop and no folding soft top. My 1:12 scale Danbury Mint '56 has both those features and it didn't cost 800 bucks!

I agree with you. The DM 'vette, while "only" 1/12, is more detailed, for $300 less, including operating top, lights, etc. But at 1/6, this thing has to be impressive sitting on a shelf!

The only giveaway I saw to know it was a model was the windows. Having them been fully down I wouldn't be able to tell. The antenna looked funny but it was not enough to be sure.

That was another of my beefs with the model in person Izzy.

For it's size (and price!) the model's windows should go all the way down in the well with only a "hint" of them showing at the leading edge of the well like the 1:1.

• 2 weeks later...
I have this kit, so i'm going to say it's too realistic to be a 1/25 scale! :angry:

Once again, you're too late!

If the title has the word "Finished", then that quiz is over and the answer has already been given.

The only quiz that's currently "live" is #50. There's a new one every week, and only one at a time. I give the answer to the quiz on Friday and start the new one on the next Monday.