Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #88 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

Uh...no. A "kit car" is a real car, isn't it? And there's no such thing as a "full scale model", that can't exist. A model of something is by definition a recreation or depiction of the original subject done in a smaller scale.

We're playing "Real or Model" here... not "Authentic original or Aftermarket recreation/clone"... :)

I hope that clears things up for you... :blink:

Your reply to this "question?", reminds me of a somewhat similar situation, when my wife & I were first married I was quite proud when I heard her refer to me as a "model Husband" until I looked up the definition of "Model" it was, "model: a small cheap copy of the real thing".

Oh by the way I voted model.

I voted real.

So far I am 0-1 since discovering this forum (and this particular poll). My wife and I thoroughly enjoyd going back over the old photos. This is one of the coolest games/contests I have seen. Nice!

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. Welcome aboard... B)

Hmmm.... What about the full size clay "models" made by the auto manufacturers? :) (just giving you grief 'cause I was wrong the last 3 times on R.o.M. :angry: )

I think it's a kit car.... A "MODEL" kit car!

While those models maybe big, I'm not sure if they are 1/1 scale.

Edited by FujimiLover

Guest promodmerc
OK Fellas, it's FRIDAY!!!! Time ta rise and shine! Now we just gotta wait till Ol' Harry gets enough beauty sleep ta join us! :D So NOW Harry , (as PINK would say)" Let's Get This Party Started"!!!!! :P:P

We'll all be dead by then ;)

Guest promodmerc

My first miss :D

The person that put those hideous wheels on that needs to be shot! :angry:

Edited by promodmerc

My first miss :D

The person that put those hideous wheels on that needs to be shot! :angry:

I agree, those wheels do not match the car whatsover. You can't put ugly peices of s-h-i-! on such a classic car. I dont' care if it's a full scale kit-car either. Even when a kit-car represents the real deal, you can't ruin it with those wheels.

That guy needs a lesson on proper styling.

The person that put those hideous wheels on that needs to be shot! :D

I agree. The wheels alone gave me the instant answer to this week's ROM. Unbelievable that someone would spend a lot of time and $$ to build a car-especially a "replica" of a legend, and then kill it with nasty wheels. Modelers do the same...but since Cobra Daytonas are very expensive models, I can't fathom a model builder putting these stupid wheels on their model.

It could be worse... he could've "donked" it... :)

mona-lisa.jpg

Have a nice day! ;)

Some reason that reminds me of Mr. Bean's movie where he is mistaken for a Dr. of the arts and is supposed to watch over "Mother's Wistler" painting. That movie was hilarious! That and Johnny English was Rowan Atkison's best movies! His last one, Mr. Bean's Vacation was sooooooooooo lame, my Dad and I ditched the movie 15 minutes after it started! LOL!

Looking forward to Romday!

Edited by FujimiLover