Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

Tooling mock-ups in February? Tower Hobbies seems to think they'll have the entire kit by mid-February... :blink:

Tower is notarious for ... optimistic ... prognostications when it comes to upcoming kits to sell. :wacko:

I'll put my eggs in Dave Metzner's basket.

B)

This will be my first Moebius kit purchase. I'll have to have at least two or three of each, maybe more. Also, this is a chance for us pickup builders out there to show the kit companies that if they tool up a new pickup kit, we will buy it! The only suggestion I have for Moebius is to offer a 4X4 version of one of these kits sometime in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...

Tooling mock-ups for the Ford Pick-ups are to be in my hands tomorrow. After we see them, we'll have a better idea of a time line - If they don't require many changes tooling could start around March 1 and kits might be shipping as early as the end of May... If the mock-ups need major corrections we could be adding 45-60 days..Please remember these are estimates of possible production time.

I'll know alot more in a few days after we've had time to study the mock-ups..

Dave

Lovely Fords! 57peppershaker, Uncle Jesse's truck was a '73-'77 F-150/100 short or long bed. They used many varied F-series for different seasons. Maybe when can expect a '73-'77 then a '79 F-Series or even a '66-77 to '79 Bronco soon!

This is outstanding news! My dad lived in Tahoe and had an F100 short bed 4x4 & an. F350 4x4 wrecker when I was growing up. Been meaning to try & cobble something up for years. I guess I procrastinated long enough! He also had a power wagon wrecker, but I've got a resin truck to duplicate that...

I, along with another modeler were privileged to be asked to help evaluate the Ford F100 pickup tooling mockups this weekend. All I can say is WHOA NELLIE! Dave M. and the factory have really done their homework. Sure, there are a few little niggles which need to be corrected for accuracy, but those are matters of this detail or that detail, a slight alteration to an opening, put a bit more finesse in something like a grille--that sort of stuff--no having to go back, completely recarve a body shell, nothing that major.

So, pickup truck fanciers, even fanatics--you guys for whom ONLY a 67-72 F100 will make the sun rise in the East, hang in there, good times are comin'!

Art

I, along with another modeler were privileged to be asked to help evaluate the Ford F100 pickup tooling mockups this weekend. All I can say is WHOA NELLIE! Dave M. and the factory have really done their homework. Sure, there are a few little niggles which need to be corrected for accuracy, but those are matters of this detail or that detail, a slight alteration to an opening, put a bit more finesse in something like a grille--that sort of stuff--no having to go back, completely recarve a body shell, nothing that major.

So, pickup truck fanciers, even fanatics--you guys for whom ONLY a 67-72 F100 will make the sun rise in the East, hang in there, good times are comin'!

Art

How do I get that job? Really- that would be awesome. Not only having a Bumpside kit, but having a Bumpside kit months before anybody else. :rolleyes: