Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I just won the bid of a Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T on yahoo japan. I just like the engine intake right above driver.

Cost me about 5000 Japanese currentcy which about 300RMB, plus trans maybe together 500 RMB , but to a rare model it worth that much :D

682743853_tp.thumb.jpg.601bbb11b3d0c84bc

But the problem is, through so many years this model's decal is totally fade yellow. I did the search on ebay, about 500RMB one sheet of decal, and seems no other like studio27..

So...guess i have to scan it and PS it and print it...

Edited by 花火

I just won the bid of a Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T on yahoo japan. I just like the engine intake right above driver.

Cost me about 5000 Japanese currentcy which about 300RMB, plus trans maybe together 500 RMB , but to a rare model it worth that much :D

But the problem is, through so many years this model's decal is totally fade yellow. I did the search on ebay, about 500RMB one sheet of decal, and seems no other like studio27..

Nie, IndyCals sells high quality replacements for almost all Tamiya F-1 cars. About 125 RMB plus shipping.  :-)

http://www.indycals.net/decals/f1/75ferrari312t.html

Edited by Bill Eh?
more info

Yes Kevin this high gloss clear works well over the lacquer paint. I don't always use it but I have several times without any issues. It does however take a longer time to dry. The paint in the photo was bought for a different project and not this Ford.

I'm like yourself, I may buy ten different items at once, but they may or may not be related to any one specific project. I guess I was more curious why you'd use clear enamel over lacquer, instead of lacquer, but you answered that question. 

Try this link for new good quality decals http://www.indycals.net/decals/f1/75ferrari312t.html

Edited by 935k3

Went to NNL West yesterday.  Couldn't find a C-6R Corvette kit or any interesting resin bodies BUT I'm OK with what I did get. A Revell '98 Saleen Mustang kit to use with the resin Saleen coupe body I have had for a while.  It has a short-shot tire but with a bit of strategic placement it should be useful. ($5).  Photo-etch sheet for the Tamiya Turbo Capri (impulse purchase). Aoshima Mclaren F1-GTR that I've seen for $60 and up ($40).  And for once I won a door prize.  Unopened Monogram 94-95 Nascar Thunderbird.  The decals are uninteresting but the parts may be useful for other kits.  And the price was right.

I have used krylon paint before with no issues which is why I didn't test it first. I just sprayed it on the bare styrene. Within a minute or so it reacted badly with the plastic. It crazed it like the paint was too hot for the plastic. I was surprised and may have said a few bad words. Maybe I got a bad can. This was a couple of years ago.

No you did not say anything wrong but I am curious what might have happened. Not your fault, had to be the paint...

Got a couple of the things I ordered on ebay today. A die cast Cobra from the Czech Republic. Also a Johan S/Rambler kit. Kit is nice but hood scoop is glued on and trunk is also glued. Rest looks great. Not sure if I will build it or trade it. It was a 17.00 buy it now and I could not pass it up.

Got my first resin cast piece from Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland. I ordered and received their 1/25 Hot Curl w/Surfboard & Hot Curl's New Best Friend Hot Spot!!

For those who don't know, Hot Curl was caricature of a surfing dude from the early 1960's. A full size statue of him appeared on a famous surfing beach in San Deigo at the time. Much to the displeasure of the authorities. Some compromising was done, and Hot Curl got to stay on the beach until a storm took him out. He kind of got a cult following, and MPC decided to release a model of him with their first release of their '29 Ford Woody/Pickup kit in the mid 60's. This kit has been released several times over the years. The last time as an AMT kit about ten years ago. But, never again with Hot Curl.

Well, I wanted a Hot Curl. And someone here told me that Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland made a resin copy. So I got a hold of them a ordered one. For my money I got very nice, clean resin model of Hot Curl, his surf board, and a dog they call Hot Spot. 13 pieces in all. Hot Curl includes a spring to place in his body on top of his legs. So he can wiggle.

All in all, very kool! And I'm very happy! The casting is good. The price was right. And shipping was fast. What more can one ask for?

Mail man dropped this off today!

It's a mixture of newer & vintage parts from the original annual & the "USA Oldies" kits.

I bought it mostly because it included the up-top.

Got it fairly cheap anyway.

The chrome is all from the newer kit which means it won't need re-chroming, so this one may jump the line a bit & get built soon.

I already have colors & engine picked out.

It will be "Luminous Brown" with a black top, the cross ram 413 wedge engine from the AMT '49 Merc kit, and a set of Torq Thrust wheels.

Not completely stock, but not too far off.

Steve

photo DSCN4947_zpsn4zst4va.jpg

Mail man dropped this off today!

It's a mixture of newer & vintage parts from the original annual & the "USA Oldies" kits.

I bought it mostly because it included the up-top.

Got it fairly cheap anyway.

The chrome is all from the newer kit which means it won't need re-chroming, so this one may jump the line a bit & get built soon.

I already have colors & engine picked out.

It will be "Luminous Brown" with a black top, the cross ram 413 wedge engine from the AMT '49 Merc kit, and a set of Torq Thrust wheels.

Not completely stock, but not too far off.

Steve

photo DSCN4947_zpsn4zst4va.jpg

COOL..!

Got my first resin cast piece from Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland. I ordered and received their 1/25 Hot Curl w/Surfboard & Hot Curl's New Best Friend Hot Spot!!

For those who don't know, Hot Curl was caricature of a surfing dude from the early 1960's. A full size statue of him appeared on a famous surfing beach in San Deigo at the time. Much to the displeasure of the authorities. Some compromising was done, and Hot Curl got to stay on the beach until a storm took him out. He kind of got a cult following, and MPC decided to release a model of him with their first release of their '29 Ford Woody/Pickup kit in the mid 60's. This kit has been released several times over the years. The last time as an AMT kit about ten years ago. But, never again with Hot Curl.

Well, I wanted a Hot Curl. And someone here told me that Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland made a resin copy. So I got a hold of them a ordered one. For my money I got very nice, clean resin model of Hot Curl, his surf board, and a dog they call Hot Spot. 13 pieces in all. Hot Curl includes a spring to place in his body on top of his legs. So he can wiggle.

All in all, very kool! And I'm very happy! The casting is good. The price was right. And shipping was fast. What more can one ask for?

Hot Curl even has a page in Wiki. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Curl

hot-curl-web.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...