Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Ford F-100 Custom..........."New Project" 11/18/12 / Finished pictures posted in the Pick-up,Van,SUV: "Under Glass" section

Hello.....thank you all very much for the kind comments........I got most of the graphic/panels airbrushed.......I still need to airbrush a few more.......you can`t hardly see the H.O.K. pagan gold panel graphics but,they are on the body.........then I airbrushed a custom mix of H.O.K. lime kandy and H.O.K organic green kandy graphic panels.........everything pops in the sun.......I will finish up the graphic panels tomorrow and give it a clear coat.......thanks for looking.

DSCF5913.jpg

DSCF5902.jpg

DSCF5922.jpg

DSCF5897.jpg

DSCF5906.jpg

Very nice,but what does "Pinche Cabron" mean? Is it Latin?

Austin........it is a slang bad word in spanish........the decal was from a Slixx contingency sheet for rat rods..........I should have looked up the meaning of the word before I put it on the doors........well, I re-moved the decal and the post anyway........sorry if I offended anyone.

Edited by John Teresi

Hello........thank you all very much for the kind comments........I finished airbrushing all the panel/graphics and got the last coat of clear on.......I installed the glass and started to lay down the carpeting.........I modified the dash........I made some color knobs,clutch,brake,gas pedals and hand brake........the smaller gauges are "Pro Tech" gauges and I used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends..........I also made a heater and modified the steering wheel.........steering wheel and dash painted H.O.K. gold base with custom mix of tangerine kandy with a H.O.K. lime fade........with Slixx pin-striping decals......thanks for looking.

DSCF5943.jpg

DSCF5947.jpg

DSCF5949.jpg

DSCF5946.jpg

DSCF5951.jpg

DSCF5955.jpg

Hello........Corey,Mike,Art.......thanks guys for the kind comments.......I did a little more work on the interior.......I made a headliner and visors......I painted them H.O.K. white snow pearl.......and added gold foil stripes to the headliner........I also attached the door panels and handles......I installed the dash.......I also worked on the bed......I put some carpet down and installed the bed interior also painted H.O.K. snow white pearl ........I made a gas tank and airbag cover .......painted Alclad and installed.......I attached the taillights using Michael's craft store red clear stickers and covered the taillights with a gold mess .......I also made some wood planks and used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends.........I also made some front wheel wheel interior painted H.O.K. snow white pearl and added gold foil stripes........thanks for looking.

DSCF6002.jpg

DSCF6004.jpg

DSCF6009.jpg

DSCF6008.jpg

DSCF6047.jpg

DSCF6049.jpg

John, you truly inspire with your builds! Those tailights were looking sinister before the mesh was added. The floor boards with the bolts are a really nice touch. So much to look at on your builds. Thanks for sharing the in-process pics with us!