Model Cars Magazine Forum

First we had the "S" word............ Now how about the "R" word.

Ramfins59

OK, I've had just about enough of spring rains already..!! Every day for a week or so gets real old, real fast. The grass and weeds make the yard look like a jungle (my lawn service is due to show up any day now).

I can't paint, even in my basement, because the lacquers blush..!! 70 to 90% humidity just makes everything feel "sticky". I feel for all of you guys in Florida and other areas who experience this all the time.

Harry, wanna bet?! I had to. We have a dry well that does not work. One day the landing flooded into the basement. I was shoveling rain!

Harry, wanna bet?! I had to. We have a dry well that does not work. One day the landing flooded into the basement. I was shoveling rain!

:lol:

Ok, that's a special case.

My house is the highest one on the block... all water runs away from my house in all four directions. I have two sump pumps in the basement; I don't think either of them has ever even gone off in the 25 years I've lived in this house, no matter how hard it has rained, or for how long. The advantage of having a lot at the high point of the whole subdivision!

I don't mind the rain, as long as the sump pumps keep going......

downside is, rain, some heat and sun and my lawn seems to grow a foot a day! in good situations this time of year I have to mow every 3 days, and I am in a 'weird' spot ground water wise [part of the old erie canal is across the road from my house, Oneida lake 3 miles down the road], so if we get too much rain, my yard is 'land -o- lakes' with foot tall grass, gets out of control fast.

so here is hoping for some somewhat dry weather after the massive rain we are supposed to get tomorrow.............

We're getting ready to kick off our HTU's R/C racing season with the stores jewnowners at the helm tomorrow with a practice day and it looks like it will be a typical May/June race........there will be good chance of rain right in the middle of the day..............

I noticed that Hobbytown USA store in Lake in the Hills has a nice track, actually I was in the neighborhood and stopped with my better half and enjoyed browsing the entire store.

IIRC, their's is indoors and off road, we set ours up in the parking lot on pavement...........that sometimes can almost be considered "off road".