Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Monte Carlo

BMWM3

I am posting this WIP here instead of the other section. If anyones not ok with that I can move it. This is my first WIP and I will try to keep a fair pace with this build. I dont work on any build everyday so keep in mind the pace wont be that fast. I havent decided which way to go on this car as far as a specific car to model it after. So I might just have fun with it and make what comes to mind. With that said here is a little bit of the progress.

First, the engine. I used BMF on the air cleaner but might change ot to black.

phone003.jpg

phone002.jpg

phone001.jpg

I did a lot of work fixing the body before I decided to do this WIP so I didnt document that body work. I did a lot on the front end before finding a picture that I think I am going to use to re-do that work. The car didnt come with a radiator. So I flipped the piece between the front fenders that had a top piece molded in to look like the top of a radiator and filled in the gaps.

phone006.jpg

phone004.jpg

This is the picture I found which I think I am going to use to re-do the front end work

72Montecarloenginebay.jpg