Model Cars Magazine Forum

LIARS Club check in

A question was posed in my e-Mail this morning.

As MassCar was planning on heading to the LIARS show in a couple of weeks, and at least as of now, I believe we still are...

1. Does anyone know the status of anyone from LIARS re: safety, place to live, etc.?

2. Is the show still on to the best of anyone's knowledge?

Paramount of course is that everyone is safe and well, but it would help if we can find out if the show is still on so all going can plan their trip.

Charlie Larkin

Might be a little early to determine those answers Charlie, although I understand your reasoning. My hope is that all made it thru the storm unscathed and the show will go on, although seeing the pictures on TV, I can only imagine the devastation in person.

We actually have been trying to get in touch with Rich Argus...no go. I did hear from my closest friend, though, who now lives in Brooklyn. Not surprisingly, the communications system on Long Island is a mess.

Hopefully, something will be heard sooner rather than later. If you do hear anything from them, Rich (or anyone else,) please send me a private message. They have a whole bunch of New Englanders and a bunch of guys from Town of Newburgh worrying and ready to lend assistance in any way we can.

Charlie Larkin

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, Nitro Neil started the thread to which I referred titled "L.I.A.R.S. show has been cancelled" in the show/contest forum; I merely added the info that was passed along by Rich A. I believe he was having computer problems for a little while; possibly storm-related.

(or check "LIARS CLUB CHALLENGE CANCELLED DUE TO SANDY" in the general forum)

Either way, it's disappointing news.

Edited by johnbuzzed