Model Cars Magazine Forum

Plymouth Prowler

tuffone20

Very nice. I like it. I built a similar one years ago when the kit was current in Boyds Aluma Yellow, not as cleanly as yours. It's still one of my favorites. It's amazing how much better the car looks without the bumpers/fenders. I ditched the front axle and used small sheet metal-type screws to hold the wheels directly to the "brakes". That helped a lot, too.

Hey Marty- you did good on the Prowler! Nice paint too! What a diff ditching the front fenders is!

Thanks and yeah it looks way better without the fenders & bumpers on it.

Very nice. I like it. I built a similar one years ago when the kit was current in Boyds Aluma Yellow, not as cleanly as yours. It's still one of my favorites. It's amazing how much better the car looks without the bumpers/fenders. I ditched the front axle and used small sheet metal-type screws to hold the wheels directly to the "brakes". That helped a lot, too.

I wish I would have thought about doing that with the front wheels, do you have any photos of the one you did?

Thanks

The upper suspension arms are the original cycle fenders with the fenders removed. The screws I used were out of some toy that happened to fit the axle hole, and are the small sheet metal-type screws that they use to hold two plastic halves/assemblies together. A slight reaming of the axle hole may be necessary - use a drill bit by hand to slowly remove the plastic.