Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Ford Fairlane 2dr hardtop

Mj-Styro

Finished this one off yesterday morning........

Missing one gun site for fender, and cant find my super coil.....will add at a later date

Engine is from the parts but came from a built up 32 ford coupe revell. had to tear it some what down and repair then put itback togather and paint. i cut off the over drive trans and after cutting off the org trans to kit i glued it to the new engine, this way i would know everything would fit where it needed ot be.......... Also grounded out the cross over pipe and made it have true daul exhaust........

Betterpictures005-vi.jpg

Betterpictures006-vi.jpg

Betterpictures007-vi.jpg

Betterpictures008-vi.jpg

Its the one on the right, left one is a stock chassis

1963FairlaneFinished001-vi.jpg

Looks real nice Michael! I been looking to pick one of these up myself. Does the kit come with the underhood detail or did you add it from another kit? Nice work!

Roger,

All of the old Fairlane kits up thru the AMT 1969 Torino kit came with the underhood details molded in. Interesting because the AMT 1966-67 Mercury Cyclone annuals, while sharing the same body style, did not have them.

That is very nice. Love the color, what is it? What tires did you use?

Plastic-kote Medium Blue rattle can.........tires from parts box they are BF Goodrich T/A's most mpc kits had them and now some amt kits carry them........

Thanks Guys! it was a fun build, still dont know why it took me over a year to finish it...........