Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 Andretti Lola Indy Car- Highly Detailed

Art Laski

John, thanks for all the tips and advice through this and all my builds!

Tony, Terry, thanks so much for the kind words. Tony, these kits are definitely underrated because they are snap kits, IMO. The detail and proportions are really good, and I really love this era of Indy Car racing.

Last week I worked on some of the engine details, getting the drive shafts in, and heat staining the heat shields, which is hard to see here.

The rear shocks look crooked because that piece has a bind in it and is not glued in yet, so it sits askew a bit right now.

Here's the progress I have pictures of so far.

I also tried shooting the pics outside to see if I could get some of the colors to show up a bit more.

ProgressOutside006lg-vi.jpg

ProgressOutside007engine-vi.jpg

ProgressOutside008engine-vi.jpg

ProgressOutside008lg-vi.jpg

ProgressOutside009lg-vi.jpg

ProgressOutside010engine-vi.jpg

ProgressOutside010lg-vi.jpg

Thanks, John! Looking forward to showing it to you this weekend.

Here's are some even more current pics of the radiator tubes I made out of solder. I used Tamiya tape painted with craft acrylics for the joint hoses, and aluminum tape for the hose clamps:

ProgressRadiators001-vi.jpg

ProgressRadiators002-vi.jpg

ProgressRadiators005lg-vi.jpg

ProgressRadiators006lg-vi.jpg

ProgressRadiators007lg-vi.jpg

ProgressRadiators009lg-vi.jpg

ProgressRadiators010lg-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Art.......i can`t stop looking at this build.......it is so tiny but,you managed to put all this detail into it.......and what impresses me the most is that this started as a snap kit........but after seeing what you did with your Galaxie? Monogram re-release Long John Dragster........i am in AWE of your talents. :)

Art... You are doing one Killer job on this buddy. Sorry I missed the beginning of this build. I am loving this build and I have to admit your are inspiring me to pull out one of my 1/43rd scale resin Race car kits and start building it. I will be following along for the rest of the ride on this build. Love your work and it's looking great bud!!!

That looks very good. You really made the most out of a fairly simple, basic model. B)

Thank you, Harry!

That's what is fun about this project and why it intrigued me to do it. I was curious how a very basic kit might look after applying things I've learned over the last few years. So far I'm pleased, even with the challenges (or mistakes as the case may be!).

-Art

• 2 weeks later...