Model Cars Magazine Forum

lonestar large car

I have had this kit on the shelf for about a year now. After having what I call " the zombie flu" the past couple of weeks I finally have mustered up enough energy to start cutting up a perfectly good kit. Hope you enjoy the start of this project and stay tuned for updates.......than Q!

Used Vallejo air brush ready acrylic orange on the frame and gun metal grey on the fenders. They dry flat so I chased them with future floor polish blown straight threw the air brush. A lot more custom work to come. Thanks Q!

This looks like an awesome build! I've had ine of these on order since December, cant wait for it to show up. I also ordered a Prostar as thats what I used to drive. I'm thinking about making my Prostar a daycab and and doing something like a Double Eagle sleeper on the Lonrstar. I'll be folliwing this build for sure.

Done a little more work the past couple evenings. Built the outlaw visor in the same method as the fenders due to the curve and slope of the windshield. The decking is made from card stock and thin balsa painted to match the frame and spaced to show the chrome foil underneath. The head lights...well it think looks just cool,giving it the old time feel. Thanks for lookin. Q!

Thanks for the input. I just taped the head lights to see what it would look like, I'm trying to get the old puck up truck look that the lone star was modeled after. I never would have thought about the chicken slide for the top. Gotta get back to the drawing board now! Thanks again kostas,,,,,,, Q