Model Cars Magazine Forum

PT CRUISERS

TLes

Wow it's awesome what you did to them. #4 looks just like a 1:1 that I've seen around town. All of them look great, you did an excellent job making them.

Edited for the ever presistent typo.

Edited by TFchronos

Really cool set of 'cruisers! I've always liked the PT. As close as I've gotten to owning one was renting one for a week in Florida a few years ago. I still check out the ads for used low mile ones. The best ones are usually in colors I don't want on a car, white or black. Now that I've seen your two tone, that could be an option if I found a black one! Too cool.

I think I've got three resin PT bodies. A van by Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland, a custom that looks like the Jimmy Flintstone one but is much older, and the woody done by a west coast company. I need to just build them! Thanks for the inspiration!

The two tones were typically done by Chrysler as part of their Dream Cruiser series. They had some great colors in it. I have a convertible which is black. Cool convertible colors are rare. I've seen a couple of blues and a candy purple. I'd love to have the purple. If you buy one only get a GT. If you plan on hammering it, get a five speed. Properly modified, it can stay up with most cars until 85-90 then aerodynamics kick in.

Thanks guys for the great comments. I did have a '02 Cruiser, Taupe Limited Edition. I loved it. Would have been nice if they did come out with a coupe. I bet they would have doubled their sales. They ran great for 4-cylinders and naturally the 'turbo' was quick. The best part was they reminded me of an old sedan, which I can't afford to build.

Tom Geiger; I'll be waiting for your finished cruisers. Sometimes all you need is a little inspiration to get the adrenalin going. I still want to build one more, a "Gasser". I'll have to pick up one more kit. I do have some photos of the building of the panel and the coupe.

Dr Kerry,

Yes that is from the Flintstone collection. I did have to fill in on the cowl and windshield section, there was too big of an opening because of the Cruisers winshield. Besides, the frame I used left a gap there. But when all is said and done, it really was fun watching it come together. You did a great job on the master.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the missing pictures in the beginning of the post. I'm not sure how it happened and I don't know how to delete the post and start over. It's not listed on my profile page either.