Model Cars Magazine Forum

Using Pledge Floor Care Tile & Vinyl Floor Finish with Future Shine

m408

I've read several articles stating the 'new improved re-named' product isn't the same and doesn't work like the old one. Any truth to this? I've never used it myself, but I've thought of trying it...just to know.

I still have an old bottle of "real" Future, so no need to try the new stuff yet. As fas as I know, Future (or Pledge or Pledge Floor Care or whatever they call it now) is nothing more than liquid clear acrylic, so the new stuff should be pretty much the same thing it's always been. I mean, how different can one clear acrylic (the new stuff) be from another (the old stuff)?

I mean, how different can one clear acrylic (the new stuff) be from another (the old stuff)?

Remember the "New & Improved!" Bare Metal Foil? It may have been the former, but not the latter, and BMF Co. changed it back, so maybe the same thing applies to Future. Wait, I have a "vintage 2012, Old Formula bottle" I'm gonna hoard. :P

Remember the "New & Improved!" Bare Metal Foil? It may have been the former, but not the latter, and BMF Co. changed it back, so maybe the same thing applies to Future. Wait, I have a "vintage 2012, Old Formula bottle" I'm gonna hoard. :P

Yeah, maybe the "real" Future will be a hot property some day... selling on ebay for big bucks! :P

This the bottle I have. Discovered it last year. Love it!

You mean this?? Futurebottle.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=future+floor+wax&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Unless you're in Turkey, in which case it's Gelecek Kat Parlatıcı...

Or maybe maybe France...Service de plancher Future

Or Russia...Будущие обуви этаж

I found some at the Dollar General and it was just labeled Floor Shine, but a little balloon on the bottle said, compared to Pledge Future. It is an Acrylic Floor Finish and was only $2. I have used the original, and ran out, when I found this, works the same.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I decided to give this stuff a try. It is the Pledge Floor Care tyle and Vinyl finish. It was $9 here. It works great with a soft brush. Also I put a little liquid hand soap in my hand and rubbed the brush in my hand then rinsed in hot water. It cleaned the brush out great. I've used it over many times so far. Only thing is to try and get the dust off. A little dust will leave very tiny bumps as it must bunch up, but then I wiped it off with tissue and rebrushed it. It really brightens the chrome and does wonders on the windows as well. Great stuff.

I have to chime in. I've used it in the airbrush on all my ship models to give the gloss coat before decals. I did find that if I add a few drops of Windex to the future it gives me a better result with my cheep airbrush. Once the decals are done I do another clear coat with the future. Next I do my washing, then I flat coat.

I've found that Future is awesome for gluing my windshields. I use a fine tip brush and let the Future get sucked off the brush into the crack between the model and the window by capillary action. I've held the windows in place with Tamiya tape or cloths pins. With the tape make sure you keep well clear or it may glue the tape to the window. I haven't had that happen, but I think about it every time.

Title says it all.

It says on the bottle: New Look - Same Great Product.

In Canada they must be a bit different on the label. It is the same but it states Floor Care Tile and Vinyl Floor Finish. Same bottle just different wording

post-13164-0-39547100-1391002752_thumb.j

Edited by alangarber

post-12974-0-43979200-1391044789_thumb.j

So what all can be done with this stuff? I see it come up a lot and I guess this replaced future, not sure if that's true or not but I've seen this stuff come up in topics quite a bit and seeing if someone can shed some light on this topic...thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I'm new to this modeling thing and see a lot of you using Future, I have been all over the place and cant seem to find it anywhere. I searched and it seems pledge bought Future out, is pledge what I'm looking for now?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bob