Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Jairus Watson Artwork Challenge

Fletch

Jason, Pegasus also has a set of wheels that are close: #1238 Chrome Phat Boyz's. The wheel diameter is a tiny bit smaller so the little VW wheel wells will not it look like a DONK!

Touche'! I jus' saw those on a few sites that sell Pegasus wheels and tires. They are a bit smaller and would look much better than the ones from the Slammer kit. The ones under my Testors Firebird make the car look like some of the ones runnin' around here all "Jacked To Jesus so they can say HI!" :):blink: I'm going with Pegasus Torq's 19 and 23's under the C10 Dual Cab. Think it's gonna look better than the others I found. Plus I got the Pegasus Discs to go with them. :(

DAVE and jairus u guys ROCK love the car btw now dave you did't give me this one cause i am mopar fan eh??? :rolleyes: heres the art work and i am guessing the car jairus loosely based it off of. thanks again this one seems easy but one thing i don't like is the rims now that's my issue / question were can i get a pair? and what are they? :rolleyes: second question is what color of green would be a match i am thinking tamiya light green??? and the last question would be the decals ??? anyone make them.

TransAmChallenger72dpi2.jpg

2008-Dodge-Challenger-Targa-Front-A.jpg

Edited by moparfan426

Touche'! I jus' saw those on a few sites that sell Pegasus wheels and tires. They are a bit smaller and would look much better than the ones from the Slammer kit. The ones under my Testors Firebird make the car look like some of the ones runnin' around here all "Jacked To Jesus so they can say HI!" laugh.giflaugh.gif I'm going with Pegasus Torq's 19 and 23's under the C10 Dual Cab. Think it's gonna look better than the others I found. Plus I got the Pegasus Discs to go with them. cool.gif

Jason do you know Pegasis has both 19 and 23 inch discs for those Ts?

pn #pgh 1093(19)

pgh 1095(23)

IMG_1131.jpg

We're down to the final 5 envelopes. Get them before it's to late. All it takes is a PM with your email address and the Information will be on the way to you.

Dave

Never done this kind of thing before, but would like to give it a go if it's not too late.

Mathias Conrad

Monterey, California

SpikeSchumacher@yahoo.com

60Ford72big-vi.jpg

P1010142-vi.jpg

JT, the rear bumper is or was suppose to be a 1962 but a '59 Galaxie will work. The '59 part is slightly narrower than the space on the '60 rear end. But the dips provide room for decent FORD taillights, also from '59. The photo above was the inspiration for the artwork and preceeded the art by a few months. The car is a 1962 Galaxie and that has not be released in YEARS.

The roof is a hard top roof like the skyliner but the front pillars and windshield are artists rendering soooo I would simply remove the wind wings and call it good. But if you want to put on a '86 Thunderbird front windshield... or even the full T-bird roof like I did then knock your self out! See, it fits!!

P1010144-vi.jpg

The side vents are '98 Vette...

P1010143-vi.jpg

...and the blond is tired of being chased and lead her pursuer's up this lonely road for a confrontation with her Desert Eagle! Note the headlights reflected in the side of the car?

Jairus, Thanks for the info! Yea I saw the headlight reflection, just couldn't make out what vehicle was chasing her! rolleyes.gif

Got a couple of other questions: What rims are those from? I will definitely need some big discs for those!

What are the vains under the rear bumper, for stabilization?

Now I need to figure what power to put under her, and how to modify the front end. With the mods to the tail and side, you know the front is not stock. What was your design intent on the era and mods? With the wheels/ tires I'm thinking pretty modern underneath and inside.

Maybe use the 59 front bumper with the depression in the middle, although that may be too much grille? although with some nice driving lights worked in we can get that '300'ish look.

or maybe something along the lines of the 64 Tbird bumper that curves up after it goes under the headlights? I don't want to get the fish face look to the front end though ?

Anybody got a sketch pad (with Jairus attached)?biggrin.gif

JT

Hey JT i think I have what you need. I was upset cause my camera died after this pic and I was going to get a close up. These match the style if you fill the center almost to a "T" The ironic part is these wheels were on this junker I bought in bulk and its the right car! Let me know if you want the wheels or if you found the correct ones. I'm always willing to help all the people in this build if I can :) I'll get better pics tomorrow! DSC02343.jpg

Never done this kind of thing before, but would like to give it a go if it's not too late.

Mathias Conrad

Monterey, California

SpikeSchumacher@yahoo.com

Mathias, the Intro letter and artwork should be in your email inbox. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Thank you for your interest in the Challenge.

Dave

Edited by Fletch

Jason do you know Pegasis has both 19 and 23 inch discs for those Ts?

pn #pgh 1093(19)

pgh 1095(23)

IMG_1131.jpg

I know they make the 19 and 23 Discs, but I only got a set of 19's. Which will still turn out fine as it gives it a bit more of a realistic approach to what I'm after. Some things I'm having to use "Artistic License" on like the suspension, motor, interior, etc. Thanx for the heads up tho. It's always appreciated. :)

I just ran across this thread... AWESOME! I would love to join in if I had the time (maybe next time).

After all the cars are built we should challenge Jairus by having him draw up art from requests. I would love to see what he can do working out of his element with a kit like Lindberg's GT6 or new Prius.

Keep posting!

John

Edited by coopdad

Mathias, the Intro letter and artwork should be in your email inbox. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Thank you for your interest in the Challenge.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Got the artwork & the letter. So, it looks like it is a Ranchero with a Falcon grille assembly, or is there more to it than that? Any info you or Jairus can give me would be great.

Now, off to find the AMT 62/63 Ford Ranchero kit for starters...

Mathias

Okay Everyone,

I am in for this group build. First time I've done something like this so be gentle.

Here is my luck-of-the-draw selection: a "Falconero"

Anybody happen to have the old AMT Ranchero kit floating around?

Mathias,

That kit is a 1961 Rancharo and was re-released... what? Three years ago? The grill I illustrated is a '62 and not in the kit so good luck finding one. It was drawn for Gregg back when he was building a 1:1 and to my knowledge not possible in scale unless there is a resin grill and front fenders available somewhere. The premis was to cross a Shelby cobra (scoop and stripes) with the Rancharo and what would it look like. The front bumper is actually the real '61 piece but trimmed down by removal of the lower shield creating a straight "blade" much like the Mustang. Also note the rear wheel opening has been radiused and a lip added.

Good luck.

bluerancharo-vi.jpg

Mathias,

That kit is a 1961 Rancharo and was re-released... what? Three years ago? The grill I illustrated is a '62 and not in the kit so good luck finding one. It was drawn for Gregg back when he was building a 1:1 and to my knowledge not possible in scale unless there is a resin grill and front fenders available somewhere. The premis was to cross a Shelby cobra (scoop and stripes) with the Rancharo and what would it look like. The front bumper is actually the real '61 piece but trimmed down by removal of the lower shield creating a straight "blade" much like the Mustang. Also note the rear wheel opening has been radiused and a lip added.

Good luck.

bluerancharo-vi.jpg

Thanks Jairus!

That gives me some more useful info. Once I get hold of a kit it should be very doable/ Will have to figure out something for the grill, if anything is possible.

Looking forward to the challenge!

Mathias,

Good luck.

bluerancharo-vi.jpg

Hi Jairus,

One more quick question. The wheels look like they might me from a Trans Am era Mach 1, would that be a close guess?

Mathias

I've lurked for a while and this project is too interesting to pass up. If there is still a spot open I'd like to participate.

Jason

mtncycl@hotmail.com

Jason, the Introduction Letter and the artwork should be in your email inbox.

Thank you for your interest in the Challenge

Dave

I'm off to ebay to find a kit. Can anyone let me know what 56 T-Bird kit would be the best? Thanks for letting me participate in this, hope I can do it justice.

tbirdart.jpg

Edited by Jayl