Model Cars Magazine Forum

IH Paystar 5000 Heavy Haul

Here's one that's been sitting on the workbench for a loooong time, finally dusted it off and finished up. A swap meet Ertl Paystar that had some poorly glued engine and chassis but no paint, the rest was still pretty good though. Added AITM wheels and tires and a winch and winch tower from ebay, if you search trucks much there you've probably seen them, pretty nice pieces. Also a resin toolbox, auslowe mud flaps, and fenders, hydraulic tank and some other bits from the parts stash, scratch built the frame roller and rails. My first attempt at any weathering too, rusted the roller and dirtied up the fifth wheel. Comments and or suggestions are welcome, I'm always looking to improve.

100_0165_zpsf0040d3c.jpg

100_0166_zps5721e95d.jpg

100_0164_zpsd3412f48.jpg

100_0170_zps04e3a6ad.jpg

Randy that looks great . I think that it needs a thin wash with a mix of white spirit black and brown through an air brush or a large brush just to put some age to it once you apply the wash dab off the exsess with a soft cloth for a irregular pattern . Plus before you do your dirt wash put some paper towel under your truck to soak up the exsess

Thanks for all the compliments :D wheels are from AITM American Industrial Truck Models, He has a lot of neat stuff there. I agree with the suggestion of weathering it some too. I've never really done any weathering so I think I'll practice on some old ones and some of the die casts laying around here first, just got Dr.Crankys book too, gonna have to try some of the techniques

Randy