Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Corvette C6

I've built a few of those. That is one of my all time favorite kits. A problem you may find is the front driver's-side wheel not properly centered in the wheel well. There are several ways to fix this. My recommendation is to make the mounting hole a slot to allow the wheel to move forward a bit. Don't forget to also adjust the brake rotors. One of my builds is in the January 2008 issue of the Magazine (#129) and it shows this fix. Other than that it is a nice kit to work with. Make sure the paint you use does not react adversely, as the plastic in this kit has a different formula.

As for aftermarket, there is not much out there, but Fujimi, Aoshima and Pegasus wheels are very popular wheel upgrades.

The corvetteforum.com is a great reference site, as well as eBay motors. There are also many built examples of that kit in ScaleCorvettes.com

Hope this helps! And make sure you post pics of yours!

Thanks,

I built one as a thread on the board if you want to check

here.

Using tips that Izzy had gave I fixed the wheelbase issue. Another bugaboo, may be the hood fit as the hinges can be very fiddly. I simply made mine a lift off hood, 'cuz I wanted this to be a relatively painless build! ;)

I used Future Floor Wax as a barrier for the plastic as there were horror stories coming out months before I built mine, as the plastic is very soft and is NOT the same as the plastic used in years past. :P

Hope this helps!

To convert from 1/24 to 1/25 multiply by 1.04

A 19 inch wheel in 1/24 equals 19.8 in 1/25 but remember, real wheels are measured inside the lip where the tire bead contacts the wheel. Scale wheels are measured outer diameter. Bottom line the difference is not significant. I used 23" wheels in my Ferrari 612 and they look just right, not blingy. If it looks good and it fits, forget about the size.

Thanks,