Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite truck builds

Thanks, Guys....I appreciate that......I don't have a build thread for the 1/16th Pete...I had done one, but I forgot that forum is no longer around.....I think I will do that for you.....I'll have it done by tomorrow......Oddly, it was the very 1st 1/16 scaler I'd ever built.....Not sure what possessed me to go that far with a first time build, but it came out pretty good........

You boys have some pretty AWESOME builds, too....This is my favorite forum......There's so much good stuff on here, I'm finding it almost IMPOSSIBLE to pick a favorite.....As soon as I get links for all of them, I'll post them.....

One is already here....Mike has that beautiful 1/16 scale Stepps wrecker....It's just beautiful what he did, there....

Edited by kilrathy10

One is already here....Mike has that beautiful 1/16 scale Stepps wrecker....It's just beautiful what he did, there....

Thank you JT! :) After seeing that 1/16 wrecker of yours and some of your other stuff that's quite a compliment coming from a guy with your talents. I finally found some of the other photos of my 1/16 wrecker build so I may do a separate thread for it as well.

Thank you JT! :) After seeing that 1/16 wrecker of yours and some of your other stuff that's quite a compliment coming from a guy with your talents. I finally found some of the other photos of my 1/16 wrecker build so I may do a separate thread for it as well.

Oh, yeah...That would be cool, Mike....I'd love to see how you did yours....

It was a tough choice with those cabovers you built, too....Those are just as amazing....They're so good that people were asking when those "kits" were produced......Amazing.....

I know I'll be working on my build thread, tonight.....I have a lot of pics to post.....I didn't know it took that much work.....It was one of the "funnest" models I ever built.....

And I also want to mention everyone who posted stuff in this thread, as well.....EVERY LAST ONE of these builds are worthy of serious mention......I like all of them.....I'd love to throw the names of everyone on here, because I like them all....The Autocars....The Brockways....The Diamond Reos....The gooseneck trailers.....The oil field stuff.....Man.....It's ALL good......Thanks guys for posting such good work....I've gotten ideas from everybody, here......

Edited by kilrathy10

After going back and lookin at all the posts in this thread. My favorite build out of my personal builds, not only is it the only 1/25 Pete, I think it's the most novice. In my area, there isn't any other truck builders that I'm aware of. This forum has taught me so much, met a bunch of cool people and pushes me to do better. The more I push my self, the more I like what I'm doing. Now I don't foresee myself doing an all out weathered build, probably only the dirty DR I need to finish, I see my show truck builds getting more detail, better paint jobs and all around better. I've learned a lot about the after market, that I had no idea was so vast, at least for trucks. I know I've said to you all before, but a big THANK YOU to you all!

Thanks for the compliment Chuck. I always felt that this was AMT's best truck kit, aside from the mirrors. I only wish they gave it longer fuel tanks, maybe to extend beyond the rear cab mount.

You're welcome, Anthony! I agree with your assessment of it being AMT's best truck kit, though I do have to admit some bias on my part.... I grew up in Diamond Reo territory. One of these days I need to build a "nice" one to go with my "crusty" ones.

001_zps3ad51fcf.jpg

005_zpsvuj8lavm.jpg

You're welcome, Anthony! I agree with your assessment of it being AMT's best truck kit, though I do have to admit some bias on my part.... I grew up in Diamond Reo territory. One of these days I need to build a "nice" one to go with my "crusty" ones.

Diamond Reo's were very popular around New England when I grew up so I share that bias. Your plow is very well done and looks quite realistic. The short hood and back dated grille on "Bruiser" are very typical of many fleet trucks that ran around here back in the day.

That's the one. I thought it was on the Sourkraut gallery, but of course I never thought to look there. :lol: But anyway- check out those photos and tell me that isn't the perfect Diamond REO.

I would have to agree on that being the perfect DR

I would have to agree on that being the perfect DR

Thanks for the compliment. It was an "interesting" build, the pin stripes were quite time consuming

Edited by Modeltruckbuilder

Certainly not my best truck but one of those few which might come away without a bigger restoration though the cab/hood/fender/bumper combination was brush-painted (!) with Humbrol enamels, built over 30 years ago (most of my built-ups will be redone in the future), looks like a rather new truck which saw lots of mud in its first working days...

This should be reissued together with the IH Cabovers!

post-11195-0-03302300-1428513081_thumb.j

post-11195-0-35608800-1428513105_thumb.j

post-11195-0-88758700-1428513763_thumb.j

Certainly not my best truck but one of those few which might come away without a bigger restoration though the cab/hood/fender/bumper combination was brush-painted (!) with Humbrol enamels, built over 30 years ago (most of my built-ups will be redone in the future), looks like a rather new truck which saw lots of mud in its first working days...

This should be reissued together with the IH Cabovers!

That is a pretty cool looking Autocar....Nice work, Helmut...