Model Cars Magazine Forum

What cars interest you in resin 1/25

My top picks from your proposed list are the '68 Mercury Cougar GT-E and `69 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr.

Other 1/25 replicas I hope you would consider:

'69 Pontiac GTO Judge

`68 Olds 442 (2dr)

'69 Corvair Yenko "Stinger"

`69-`70 Chevy El Camino

`70 Buick G.S.

'70 Dodge Duster 340

'71 Vega (Baldwin Motion "Super Vega"` 454)

Other 1/25 replicas I hope you would consider:

'69 Pontiac GTO Judge

'69 Corvair Yenko "Stinger"

You can get a '69 Judge together from the currently available funnycar kit and a donor for the chassis and interior. The FC kit has a stock promo-type body, including the spoiler, and I think even the Judge decals on the sheet. I'm planning to bash one with a '72 kit. Yeah, the interior won't be 100% correct but personally I don't get all that anal about interiors.

Did Yenko even make a Corvair Stinger in '69? I thought '66 or '67 was the last year they did those. If they did, it shouldn't be too hard to bash one up out of the commonly available '69 Corvair kit.

Did Yenko even make a Corvair Stinger in '69? I thought '66 or '67 was the last year they did those. If they did, it shouldn't be too hard to bash one up out of the commonly available '69 Corvair kit.

Snake 45 thanks for the feedback.

I found the below listing with Yenko Stinger production numbers.

Of course everything you find on the web isn't always correct...lol.

With that said, I think any year (`66 thru `69) Yenko Stinger would be totally cool!

http://stevemckelvie.wordpress.com/2011/06/30/yenko-stinger-the-corvair-that-got-respect/

The Yenko Stingers are relatively rare cars. The production quantities were as follows:

• 1966 – 100 cars
  • 1967 – 23 cars
  • 1968 – 2 cars
  • 1969 – 3 cars
Edited by 69NovaYenko

Snake 45 thanks for the feedback.

I found the below listing with Yenko Stinger production numbers.

Of course everything you find on the web isn't always correct...lol.

With that said, I think any year (`66 thru `69) Yenko Stinger would be totally cool!

http://stevemckelvie.wordpress.com/2011/06/30/yenko-stinger-the-corvair-that-got-respect/

The Yenko Stingers are relatively rare cars. The production quantities were as follows:

• 1966 – 100 cars
  • 1967 – 23 cars
  • 1968 – 2 cars
  • 1969 – 3 cars

Well as my Dad used to say, "You learn something new every day if you're not careful." B)

I've been wanting to do a "phantom" '69 Stinger, based on the idea that when DY heard the Corvair would be discontinued at the end of the model year, he did a limited run of 50 more. Gonna use the kit spoiler trunk lid, and Yenko Camaro decals. Prolly gonna be Lemans Blue with white stripes.

I would like to see done

71-74 Plymouth Satellite 4dr sedan( I have always wanted to have Dirty Harry's car from "The Enforcer")

71-73 AMC Matador 4dr

75-78 AMC Matador 4dr (Coffin Nose)

And I know they could make this one. They have already produced the '57 Chevy 150, and the '57 Ford Custom 2dr sedans. How about a '57-58 Plymouth Savoy or a 57-58 Dodge Cornet D-500.

I have a few more but these are standing out in my mind as of now.

I amm for sure in on a '79 T-bird . I'll have to exercise much plastic Surgery to amke the string of '77-'79 MY's . I owned a '78 . I will build a tribute of the Car I kept the longest . Put more than 142 K myself out of the 180+ it had when I had to part with it . KICK !

Really ?? A '71 Super Vega 454 ? Did they ever make ? These fell out of the places that made them already rusted ..

Sure I might be convinced I need a Vega in my Collection . Alas I build Factory Stock ........ where is a 454 Vega not Phantom ........ I've rode in a couple of Pinto's with 500 + HP 351 Windsors . Not factory built , Authorized , Sold at FoMoCo Dealerships , Warranted , wink -wink - nod - nod or in any Earthly way even considered . To plunk anything with more weight on the front end than what Pintos come with opens Litigious Liabilities . . Nuff said ?? Lookie at GM now as then I suppose . If you insist 454 Vegas had this was Factory Inspired or Implemented ... I guess this is so . Thanx ..

Edited by dimaxion

Really ?? A '71 Super Vega 454 ? Did they ever make ? These fell out of the places that made them already rusted ..

Sure I might be convinced I need a Vega in my Collection . Alas I build Factory Stock ........ where is a 454 Vega not Phantom ........ I've rode in a couple of Pinto's with 500 + HP 351 Windsors . Not factory built , Authorized , Sold at FoMoCo Dealerships , Warranted , wink -wink - nod - nod or in any Earthly way even considered . To plunk anything with more weight on the front end than what Pintos come with opens Litigious Liabilities . . Nuff said ?? Lookie at GM now as then I suppose . If you insist 454 Vegas had this was Factory Inspired or Implemented ... I guess this is so . Thanx ..

Yep, Dimaxion thre really was a 454 cid Chevy Vega but; not from the factory...the `71-72 "Super Vega" was a Baldwin Motion creation.

The Baldwin Motion dealership gave you the option of having either a 350, 427 or 454 shoe horned into your Vega.

See three attached links and articles on the Baldwin Motion "Super Vega":

1)

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=444027&page=all

2)

Motion "Super Vega" with 454 block burnout:

http://youtu.be/g7oQcaIL9xI

3)

Tale of a 350cid `71 Baldwin Motion "SUPER VEGA"

Specs: Engine-LT1 (350 cid) with 425+ horsepower

Carb-Holly 850 double pumper

Intake-Edelbrock TM-1 intake

Cam-Motion Phase III drind cam

Ignition-Mallory distributor/Motion control box

Exhaust-Hooker headers w/ chambered exhust

Tramsmission-B&M Turbo 400 transmission

Rear-End- Narrowed 12 bolt w/ ET finned aluminum cover w/4:56 posi-trac

MOTION “Extras”- Green fiberglass flex fan, Motion valve covers,Stellings air cleaner, Gabriel “Hi-Jacker” air shocks and no-hop bars, wood Sport wheel, Sun tach and gauges, Hurst shifter, Cragar SS wheels, Motion”L-88” fiberglass hood w/ hood pins

Tires-Front-15x4.5 Moroso Drag tires/ Rear-15x7.5 BFG Drag Radials

Graphics-Red w/ White “Motion” strips

NOTE: Motion GUARANTEED 10 SECOND 1/4 mile E.T`s with their small block Vega..OR THEY WOULD BUY THE CAR BACK!!!!

Driving the car is a thrill…its loud and it rides hard because of the no-hop bars and air shocks in the rear. The motor requires aviation gas or octane booster, it also idles fast and really reminds you of the way it used to be be with solid lifer cars and plenty of horsepower. With the manual valve body B&M transmission and the Hurst ratchet shifter you find yourself shifting constantly. Pull up to a light and everybody looks, in California most people don`t appreciate the “Baldwin” cars. Even some Muscle Car people never knew about the East Coast King O f Horsepower. Most comment with “A nice V-8 Vega!” or “What is that?” I still have never run the car all the way through the gears full throttle, partly the because of living in a populated area and partly because fo fear of hurting my prized Muscle Car. When I have squeezed the throttle, it is a thrill that everyone should experience!! At 10-15 mph you nail the throttle and the rear tires give up a smoky haze until you left up on it. Once I stalled the converter and nailed the gas, the car LURCHED forward with daylight peeking under the front tires (I was told) and the entire time the rear tires were boiling.

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Yep, Dimaxion thre really was a 454 cid Chevy Vega but; not from the factory...the `71-72 "Super Vega" was a Baldwin Motion creation.

The Baldwin Motion dealership gave you the option of having either a 350, 427 or 454 shoe horned into your Vega.

See three attached links and articles on the Baldwin Motion "Super Vega":

1)

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=444027&page=all

2)

Motion "Super Vega" with 454 block burnout:

http://youtu.be/g7oQcaIL9xI

3)

Tale of a 350cid `71 Baldwin Motion "SUPER VEGA"

Specs: Engine-LT1 (350 cid) with 425+ horsepower

Carb-Holly 850 double pumper

Intake-Edelbrock TM-1 intake

Cam-Motion Phase III drind cam

Ignition-Mallory distributor/Motion control box

Exhaust-Hooker headers w/ chambered exhust

Tramsmission-B&M Turbo 400 transmission

Rear-End- Narrowed 12 bolt w/ ET finned aluminum cover w/4:56 posi-trac

MOTION “Extras”- Green fiberglass flex fan, Motion valve covers,Stellings air cleaner, Gabriel “Hi-Jacker” air shocks and no-hop bars, wood Sport wheel, Sun tach and gauges, Hurst shifter, Cragar SS wheels, Motion”L-88” fiberglass hood w/ hood pins

Tires-Front-15x4.5 Moroso Drag tires/ Rear-15x7.5 BFG Drag Radials

Graphics-Red w/ White “Motion” strips

NOTE: Motion GUARANTEED 10 SECOND 1/4 mile E.T`s with their small block Vega..OR THEY WOULD BUY THE CAR BACK!!!!

Driving the car is a thrill…its loud and it rides hard because of the no-hop bars and air shocks in the rear. The motor requires aviation gas or octane booster, it also idles fast and really reminds you of the way it used to be be with solid lifer cars and plenty of horsepower. With the manual valve body B&M transmission and the Hurst ratchet shifter you find yourself shifting constantly. Pull up to a light and everybody looks, in California most people don`t appreciate the “Baldwin” cars. Even some Muscle Car people never knew about the East Coast King O f Horsepower. Most comment with “A nice V-8 Vega!” or “What is that?” I still have never run the car all the way through the gears full throttle, partly the because of living in a populated area and partly because fo fear of hurting my prized Muscle Car. When I have squeezed the throttle, it is a thrill that everyone should experience!! At 10-15 mph you nail the throttle and the rear tires give up a smoky haze until you left up on it. Once I stalled the converter and nailed the gas, the car LURCHED forward with daylight peeking under the front tires (I was told) and the entire time the rear tires were boiling.

"For The Man Who Wants His Insurance Agent to Stop Talking to Him." :lol::lol: :lol:

Do you have a COPO number on that? It would probably be 955X or 956X. I've never heard of a COPO '69 Biscayne. I believe the 427 was available in the '69 Biscayne as RPO (Regular Production Order), just check the box when ordering, no big deal. B)

I do believe the 427 equipped '69 Biscayne wasn't a factory C.O.P.O. car.

If I`m correct, it was another Baldwin Motion Dealership car.

This was Motions bargain priced super-car offering the most bang for the buck, plus the element of surprise...a true street sleeper in every respect.

See below link:

http://www.carguychronicles.com/2011/09/chevy-427-biscayne-street-racers.html

With that said a Motion Biscayne would certainly be a kit that I would buy!!!!

Edited by 69NovaYenko

69-70 AMC Javelin

Fabulous idea! I love Javs, and scored several "distressed" '68 promos off eBay to play with, but the '69s and '70s are more elusive. At least when I was stalking them.

Here's how to do it (I think this will work). Do a basic '68-'70 body, come up with a PE set for scripts and emblems for all three years, and then get the bumpers/grilles, taillights, etc. from Modelhaus for the specific year you want to do. I guess we'll need an interior and chassis of some sort for it, too.

I just finished refurbing a very distressed '68 Promo, and would happily buy and build at least a half dozen more '69s/'70s if they could be had at reasonable prices.

I would like to see done

71-74 Plymouth Satellite 4dr sedan( I have always wanted to have Dirty Harry's car from "The Enforcer")

71-73 AMC Matador 4dr

75-78 AMC Matador 4dr (Coffin Nose)

And I know they could make this one. They have already produced the '57 Chevy 150, and the '57 Ford Custom 2dr sedans. How about a '57-58 Plymouth Savoy or a 57-58 Dodge Cornet D-500.

I have a few more but these are standing out in my mind as of now.

Dirty Harry car would be cool. So would a Matador cop car from Hot Rod.