Model Cars Magazine Forum

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC -7- April 16, 2011

Danno

Hey guys! (And, guyettes)

Desert Scale Classic 7 is coming soon ~~ Saturday APRIL 16, 2011 in the sunny Sonoran desert at Phoenix, AZ!

Same place as previous years, the Postal Workers Union Hall, 3720 W. Greenway Road, Phx.

Same schedule, 9am to 5pm.

Swap meet with over 30 vendor tables.

No spectator admission.

Contest entry for 1-5 models is $12, additional models $1 each. Remember, you do not compete against host club members at Desert Scale Classic! We have a separate, Peoples Choice ballot competition for host club members.

Primer/project and 'display-only' table.

Kids' Make-N-Take (free) during the event.

Beautiful awards for 1-3 place in 27 classes plus 6 Master Awards.

Magazine coverage.

THE TRADITIONAL DSC BARBEQUE

*** Complimentary barbeque following the event ... Moonlight Modelers Club meeting & monthly contest - theme is "Stovebolts" - at the barbeque ... all Moonlight Modelers members, Cactus Car Modelers members, Kitbashers members, IPMS members and Desert Scale Classic participants are invited, welcome, and even encouragedto attend.

NOTE: Sponsorship of DSC-7 class trophy packages are available for just $35 per class. For more information, contact Bernie Kankiewicz, email: moonmodler@aol.com, or phone: 602-485-5822.

Hurry to reserve swap meet vendor tables (a few are still available) by contacting Mike Cholewa, 602-944-4096.

Plan to BE THERE!!!

Edited by Danno

I'll be there! Maybe I'll even submit a couple of contest entries.

David G.

Great!

Be sure to introduce yourself to us all, also.

And, don't forget GoodGuys 2nd SPRING NATIONALS Model Car & Pedal Car Show at Westworld, March 11-12-13.

Check the other thread for details.

Look forward to seeing you at DSC and maybe GoodGuys, David.

:mellow:

Hey! Here's "BREAKING NEWS" (I've always wanted to say that) for all who might be attending the Desert Scale Classic in Phoenix, April 16, 2011.

* Jameston Kroon of Scale Finishes has signed on as a vendor at DSC-7! You'll be able to buy your favorite authentic airbrush-ready automotive finishes 'over the counter' at Desert Scale Classic!!!

* Modelhaus distributor Bob Zetterman will be a vendor at DSC-7 also! There will be a huge supply of all the Modelhaus favorites - parts, conversion kits, and complete kits.

They will be a couple of the many quality vendors on hand for Desert Scale Classic 7, so write up your want-list and save up your $$$!

Don't fail to be there!

PS: Just a hint ~ If you have a special request or a purchase you really, really want to make from either Scale Finishes or Modelhaus, it wouldn't hurt to email either of them with your request(s) and ask that they bring those items to DSC, just to make sure they have what you need on hand. Tell them we sent you!

See you at DSC-7!

Desert Scale Classic 7

April 16, 2011 - Phoenix

Hey Danno, me and the Club Viajero of Puerto Rico wish the best on your upcoming show. Last year we attended it and guys, it was a blast, not just for the show itself, but, for the human quality this great group of human beings are. I wish this year also we could make it, but, GSL attending plans are on its way. Actually, some of you guys told me last year will be there in Salt Lake City, so, I hope to see you guys then.

The best for all of you guys!

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Hey Danno, me and the Club Viajero of Puerto Rico wish the best on your upcoming show. Last year we attended it and guys, it was a blast, not just for the show itself, but, for the human quality this great group of human beings are. I wish this year also we could make it, but, GSL attending plans are on its way. Actually, some of you guys told me last year will be there in Salt Lake City, so, I hope to see you guys then.

The best for all of you guys!

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Thanks Simon!

We're really gonna miss you at DSC, but maybe we can hook up at GSL. See you then!

:mellow:

Hey Danno... I will definitely introduce myself. I may even make it out to the Goodguys show, so if I do i will swing by. Heck I may even enter a couple of models at Good guys. Is the model show both saturday and sunday?? and out know what day they hand awards out there?

And very cool about the vendors that will be at the Desert Scale Classic.

Hey Danno... I will definitely introduce myself. I may even make it out to the Goodguys show, so if I do i will swing by. Heck I may even enter a couple of models at Good guys. Is the model show both saturday and sunday?? and out know what day they hand awards out there?

And very cool about the vendors that will be at the Desert Scale Classic.

Hey, Chris!

See the "Spring Nationals" thread I just bumped ... it has all the details. Model show is Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Awards distributed Sunday.

Hope to see you there!

B)

Hey guys! (And, guyettes)

Desert Scale Classic 7 is coming soon ~~ Saturday APRIL 16, 2011 in the sunny Sonoran desert at Phoenix, AZ!

Same place as previous years, the Postal Workers Union Hall, 3720 W. Greenway Road, Phx.

Same schedule, 9am to 5pm.

Swap meet with over 30 vendor tables.

No spectator admission.

Contest entry for 1-5 models is $12, additional models $1 each. Remember, you do not compete against host club members at Desert Scale Classic! We have a separate, Peoples Choice ballot competition for host club members.

Primer/project and 'display-only' table.

Kids' Make-N-Take (free) during the event.

Beautiful awards for 1-3 place in 27 classes plus 6 Master Awards.

Magazine coverage.

THE TRADITIONAL DSC BARBEQUE

*** Complimentary barbeque following the event ... Moonlight Modelers Club meeting & monthly contest - theme is "Stovebolts" - at the barbeque ... all Moonlight Modelers members, Cactus Car Modelers members, Kitbashers members, IPMS members and Desert Scale Classic participants are invited, welcome, and even encouragedto attend.

NOTE: Sponsorship of DSC-7 class trophy packages are available for just $35 per class. For more information, contact Bernie Kankiewicz, email: moonmodler@aol.com, or phone: 602-485-5822.

Hurry to reserve swap meet vendor tables (a few are still available) by contacting Mike Cholewa, 602-944-4096.

Plan to BE THERE!!!

Why aren't you going to admit any spectators? J/k That was going to be my first reply, but as you can see I messed that up. Karma, I guess.

LOL. :lol: Good one! You got me! Just goes to show that you've got to be careful what you say/type! :);):blink:

Let me try again: No admission charge for spectators! :D:D

:DSheesh!! I'm usually on the giving end of that kind of thing, not the receiving end! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Only 3 weeks and a day away!!

Don't fail to be THERE!

Gil, we're looking forward to seeing you and your buds!

Looking forward to it Dan... Trying to get a couple models that have been sitting around for a while painted in time for it. One I will definetly have done the other I may just get as far as the paint on the FED dragster body done :D