Model Cars Magazine Forum

Phantom Ford econoline van

Today I completed my first Phantom van painted in HOK lime gold kandy over a planet green basecoat. I wanted to do something a little different, so I chopped 1 1/2" out of the middle of the body.

I saved the plastic I removed and the second version will lengthened and probably have 2 rear axles. I just hate to waste plastic.

001.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

Jim, you aren't' too far off from duplicating a van I knew years ago . A fellow whose name I forget now in the old Metro Van Club in Ft Wuthlass Texas did such a van , yep drove that evil ride on the street too! As I recall, his was "Resale " Red with a Black interior . Nice model !

That is plain cool there also was a Chevy done up like that called Spaced Out and one of Ed's favorite a bullnose called Sqeeze box anyways right on looks color and 70's vibes. That fogged paint is pure custom van. Very nice my friend

Edited by b_lever1

• 8 months later...

Now THAT is what I call a short van! That I guess is what Ford calls the runt of the litter!!! Nice work Jim!!!

I can't wait until you do the 6 wheeler van. I need to get back on the one I started in 2009.

sv88.jpg

sv132.jpg

Best of luck with yours, I'm looking forward to seeing how you build it! B)