2nd quarter releases are up at plastic-models.com, they include

BRE Datsun 510, an SSP reissue

Sox and Martin 1970 Cuda

Drag racing 1990 mustang

Datsun off-road pickup

1959 impala

Excited to see the 510 and Datusn P/U get reissued

Edited by martinfan5

2nd Q Release that have been "leaked" so far by Tower Hobbies...Gotta say that the Drag guys are having a banner year, and it'll be nice to have the '58 Corvette run again for the first time since it's only run in the late 90s, there's no big WOW involved here as promised by Revell's FB tease as we all knew the next variation of the '90 Mustang & '70 Hemi Cuda are drag cars. Nor is there a single thing on this list that's relevant to the Detroit Auto Show. I still hold out the vaguest scrap of hope that the big WOW kit is still under wraps until Revell officially announces this week...otherwise the entire Auto Show was a cheap and pointless tie-in.

Monogram -

1/24 Cherry Bomb

1/48 C-47 Skytrain SSP

Revell -

1/25 BRE Datsun 510 SSP

1/29 X-Wing Fighter

1/25 '90 Mustang LX 5.0 Drag Racer

1/25 '70 Sox/Martin Plymouth Hemi Cuda

Dave Deal's Go-Mad Nomad

1/25 '59 Chevrolet Impala

1/24 Datsun Off-Road Pickup Truck

1/25 '58 Corvette Roadster

1/48 A-7A Corsair II

Edited by niteowl7710

I hope the 59 Impala is the hardtop with all the custom options .I loved that kit :wub:

Can't speak for the custom options portion, but Revell tends to not "de-content" their reissues. The kit in question would be the H/T as the Convertible was just reissued (with all the Custom/Lowrider parts) as a 2n1 under the California Wheel "line" a year or two ago.

I hope the 59 Impala is the hardtop with all the custom options .I loved that kit :wub:

Wow! That '90 Mustang and '70 'Cuda are absolutely Must Have kits! The '59 Impala is another one, especially if it is a HT... ^_^

Can't speak for the custom options portion, but Revell tends to not "de-content" their reissues. The kit in question would be the H/T as the Convertible was just reissued (with all the Custom/Lowrider parts) as a 2n1 under the California Wheel "line" a year or two ago.

The '59 Impala hardtop has a messed up roof, it's too flat across the top of the windshield. They got it right with the '60. You can put the '60 roof on the '59 to fix it. It's still a nice kit, but it's one of those things that once you see it, you can't unsee it...

Wonder if they will fix tje LX body for this version?

Yeah, I know dream on ....

Perfect fot kitbashing with the '62 gasser kit!

Graft the side coves onto the '62 and you're most of the way to a '61. Lotsa great 61 vette drag cars, Mazmainian's M/SP and Larry Lombardo's "Buckshot" Junior Stocker instantly come to my mind....

I wonder if the drag versions of the Mustang and Cuda will be single version only or 2n1 kits. IIRC, the '58 Corvette was available originally as a 'Pro Modeler' kit, then they did the 2n1 '59 variation of it (black on the box w/ flames). IIRC, the '58 PM version had optional parts, but different ones than the '59.

I wonder if the drag versions of the Mustang and Cuda will be single version only or 2n1 kits. IIRC, the '58 Corvette was available originally as a 'Pro Modeler' kit, then they did the 2n1 '59 variation of it (black on the box w/ flames). IIRC, the '58 PM version had optional parts, but different ones than the '59.

The '58 had optional chrome reverse wheels w/ baby moons, the '59 had modern big-inch Torq-Thrusts. The '59 also added some more modern parts like a radiator w/ electric fan and a modern fuel injection system.

The Sox & Martin will most likely be a one version kit, as that's typical for the Sox & Martin kits they done before. The Mustang would probably be a 2 in 1, with stock parts that are different from the first kit (Pony wheels, perhaps?)

Edited by Brett Barrow