Model Cars Magazine Forum

Michaels 50% off coupon!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Michaels still accepts competitor's coupons, so you can always get 40% off your purchase of one regular price item using the Hobby Lobby weekly 40% off coupon. Plus, you can go to sites like http://www.mycraftcoupons.com and see if there's a 50% off coupon from another store which you can print out. I've used coupons from AC Moore and other store which don't even exist in the Milwaukee area at Michaels, so don't ever pay full price there.

We got a Michael's circular in the Sunday paper with the 50% off coupon, which is odd since we don't have a Michael's in the county where the paper is based out of, but they are supposed to build one once the ground thaws (did the site prep last fall, but that was the end of it). The one closest to me is a mess (was just there last week), but there were a few things that I wouldn't mind paying half price to acquire. Best of all I then have ANOTHER coupon on my smart-phone...or unlimited ones if I wanted to make several trips really. Might check out the one that's up the road from where I work...see how many I come across out doing this week's deliveries...

Is Michaels accepting competitors coupons something that is Nation wide or just select stores hit or miss ? Im totally diggen this if its Nationwide and may just make a trip there this weekend if is the case. A Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, Michaels and phone coupon 40-50% off coupon would be a terrific score for me if all four are accepted :D Can you use all four coupons at a clip or is it one per trip ?

Im thinking Wife, Daughter and myself each in a row with a coupon = it really doesnt matter if one per trip ha ha. This will really be a benefit to me seeing the wife just blew our Durango up. Might just have to make a trip to Michaels on the way home from getting the new vehicle this weekend :D

Is Michaels accepting competitors coupons something that is Nation wide or just select stores hit or miss ? Im totally diggen this if its Nationwide and may just make a trip there this weekend if is the case. A Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, Michaels and phone coupon 40-50% off coupon would be a terrific score for me if all four are accepted :D Can you use all four coupons at a clip or is it one per trip ?

Im thinking Wife, Daughter and myself each in a row with a coupon = it really doesnt matter if one per trip ha ha. This will really be a benefit to me seeing the wife just blew our Durango up. Might just have to make a trip to Michaels on the way home from getting the new vehicle this weekend :D

I think the ability to use more than one coupon per transaction is a hit or miss local thing. But I went to Hobby Lobby one time with a 40% coupon, and got a 50% off coupon back on my cash register receipt, and proceeded to march my wife right back into the store for her to buy another model.

It's a family bonding experience!! Although if you just blew up your car, there might be better things to spend your money on than models...just sayin' ;)

Edited by niteowl7710

So your saying I can use a micheals 50% off coupon at hobby lobby?

I dunno if Hobby Lobby honors competitors coupons, Michael's does...so if you had a 50% off coupon for H.L., Michael's should take it.

My point was more to his idea of having his entire family line up with coupons. It's one coupon per person per transaction per day, it says nothing of stacking the deck with your entire family in line behind you.

I dunno if Hobby Lobby honors competitors coupons, Michael's does...so if you had a 50% off coupon for H.L., Michael's should take it.

My point was more to his idea of having his entire family line up with coupons. It's one coupon per person per transaction per day, it says nothing of stacking the deck with your entire family in line behind you.

It just all depends on the cashiers too, I have once used the HL coupon twice in one visit, but I asked the cashier if that would be ok, or just dont go to same the cashier, and you should be ok

Edited by martinfan5

They don't, and have a much stricter coupon policy than say, Michael's.

That probably has something to do with the abacuses they are running the inventory control program through...They have to be the only major retailer in existence that doesn't have some form of scanning register/computerized inventory.

• 2 months later...

Just stopped by my local Michael's and they have done another re-set, or at least added a few new kits, mostly Revell or Monogram kits in the "Dream Rides" packaging. "New" kits I saw were:

1/24 '71 GTX

1/24 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C (the wire wheels version)

1/24 '64-1/2 Mustang Convertible

1/25 Dodge Ram VTS pickup

1/25 '99 Mustang Cobra

1/25 Dodge Viper R/T10

1/25 Ford Aeromax, SnapTite

1/25 AMT '72 GTO

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My local Michaels has kits, but never the very latest. Even with their 50% or 40% off coupons, I'm better off buying my kits at shows or club meetings. I realize a lot of guys don't have these options, so they'll buy kits.

I do print out the coupon and check out Michaels occasionally. I did buy the new Mustang convertible snapper there with the coupon, which made it $10 and worth it to me. Other times, I'll use the coupon to buy paint (Testors Dullcote or flat black) or Zap-A-Gap glue rather than waste it. There have also been times I don't need anything and I see someone in the store with a big item or a basket full of stuff and I'll give them the coupon.