Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is there an 'Ollie's' near by

I bought a bunch and plan on going back, I should be set on 69 camaros now, I asked if they had them in the unopened cardboard box's lol. this is in stock at my local store

lindberg

37 vert, 48 linchlon, 71 mustang, 32 ford PU, tall T, model t roadster, raminator monster truck, newer charger, and 70ish dodge, dodge dakota.

revell monogram

55 chevy, super bird, zo6, 69 baldwin camaro,36 ford sedan, ed mecuwin funny, hawian funny, 62 2 in 1

They had a ton of slot cars as well. Thank you OP as I never go in Ollies and would have missed em. Mine did not have the shelby or the ramcharger and strangely, no aircraft at all.

Edited by turbo nova

If it wasn't for this board I would not have known about this, so thank you Greg for starting this thread. I ran down to my local Ollie's and found they had a decent selection that had no been picked through yet. My problem is I already have all of the kits I want, (and way more than I need). So I only picked up kits that I would not have bought had they been at regular price. I got two Lindberg kits, the '37 Ford 'vert and the Raminator. I also got the Revell Midget. I picked up a bunch more but put them back. It is sooooo tempting to buy kits when they are cheap but I know I will never build them.

Edited by Nacho Z

Just got back from O's. Not much selection at my store, the same stuff as already mentioned and not even all of that. Since I was there I got the '64 Ramchargers Dodge and another Revell '69 Camaro--that kit's worth $8 just for parts.

No AMT kits except the slot cars.

Oh, they had the Revell '66 Shelby GT350--has anyone mentioned that?--but I already have about a half dozen of those so passed.

man I wish mine had the ramcharger car,

I usually don't buy monster truck kits but I have to say that after a quick and dirty look inside the raminator I bought it looks impressive. Why are the lindberg kits so spotty on detail? this kit looks very nice and well detailed, well worth the $8 in parts for the modern single plug hemi, coolers bottles etc., this is the first kit I can ever recall having a crank brace, thank you lindberg. only real downfall is it's 1/24 scale but I think I can make it work, the crank brace and hemi look like a decent start for a clone of Enzo's car I want to do.

20140927_112023_zpsyjniszs2.jpg

Edited by turbo nova

man I wish mine had the ramcharger car,

I usually don't buy monster truck kits but I have to say that after a quick and dirty look inside the raminator I bought it looks impressive. Why are the lindberg kits so spotty on detail? this kit looks very nice and well detailed, well worth the $8 in parts for the modern single plug hemi, coolers bottles etc., this is the first kit I can ever recall having a crank brace, thank you lindberg. only real downfall is it's 1/24 scale but I think I can make it work, the crank brace and hemi look like a decent start for a clone of Enzo's car I want to do.

20140927_112023_zpsyjniszs2.jpg

How many do you want? I could send you some if you are interested

Ours here had a pretty decent number of kits, most mentioned above. I saw the Lindberg Yellow Charger kit....not sure if that has been mentioned. Lots and lots of Lindberg kits, only a handful of Revell kits. No Hawaiian funny cars, which is what was going for. I grabbed the very last two Mongoose Duster funny cars, a Superbird, and the `66 Mustang fastback from Revell. Also, the had 3m blue painters tape fairly cheep.

went yesterday and ended up with this lot,

photo_zps7441f42b.jpg

shoulda got a few more midgets and another impala......

Oh wow. Nice! I didn`t see the Raminator kit at our local Ollies. I`ll have to search around at some of the other ones close by. I`ve been wanting a monster truck kt. is that 1/25 scale?

What scale is the Mongoose flopper kit???..

That kit is 1/25. For those who care, the frame is the updated 1 piece version and not the two piece one that requires a minimum of 4 hands to assemble. :D The kit tires are also the 1 piece versions that are in the Blue Max and red Jungle Jim kits.

I don't see anything like that on the website.

http://www.olliesbargainoutlet.com

But, there is a "Contact Us" button

With where you are, I wish I had the money

I would offer to buy models and trade for KVK CD's & DVD's

I'll send them a mail tomorrow, I hope there's a possibility.

What exactly do you mean with: I wish I had the money?

Honestly, Ollie's carrying models is nothing new, I've picked up several there over the years, including this Norscott diecast kit for about $20 or $25 about 5 or 6 years ago.

HPIM1794.jpg

If I would have had the extra at that time, I would also have picked up 2 others, a loader and grader if I remember correctly, and all would have been just over MSRP for just one!