Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt truck reissues I'd like to see

I heard from a friend of a friend that some of the molds for the IH Transtar II and the S-series were

left sitting outside the factory and badly damaged when they were sent to China. So we might

never hear of these ones again. That would be sad indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on board with the cornbinders F and S series (I'd buy several) The Autocar dump would be good as well.

Actually, wonder why it never occurred to AMT (et al) to box and sell just the vocational parts of these kits kind of on the order of their accessory parts packs they released long ago, I imagine they'd sell. I'd for sure grab up half dozen of the AC's Montone dump box.

brinx

And the Massey Ferguson 1155 and the International Harvester 1466 with Semi Mounted Plow and Farm Wagon for each one.

The John Deere 4430 was last out in the late 90's or early 2000's together with the John Deere 310 Backhoe.

I agree with previous posts, I think AMT should separate the trucks from the bodies and sell each in its own box.

Wrecker

Montone dump body

Challenge mixer

Race car hauler

Snow plow and dump bed

Box truck delivery with lift gate

Flat bed with side boards

Was it the Tyrone Malone transport body for race trucks?

Can anyone explain to me why AMT did the Holmes wrecker in 1/43 but never in 1/25?

Edited by Bgrgbldr

And the Massey Ferguson 1155 and the International Harvester 1466 with Semi Mounted Plow and Farm Wagon for each one.

The John Deere 4430 was last out in the late 90's or early 2000's together with the John Deere 310 Backhoe.

I didnt know they even did a Massey ferguson or International . Did they ever do the two axel trailer ?

Round 2 has done a great job of reissuing the old truck kits.

Since around 2002 when I got back into truck models I have been able to purchase most of them.Both 359 kits, K100, 4300, pete 352, dozer, payhauler 350, westenstar, road boss, diamond reo, ford short hauler, titan, astro, freightliner,,chrome tanker, both 40 foot van trailers, flat bed, lowboy, paystar dump and cement trucks. Thats an almost complete amt line up.I think even the fire trucks reissue fits this time line. Some of those were pretty rare kits.I haven't purchased a ford flat bed or race car truck yet.

We even got a few more thanks to stevens international-4 macks, ford C tractor, double trailers, autocar tractor, US mail, autocar dump, freightliner sd, pete 352. I'm happy to be able have got all these old kits.

I figure around 2/3 of them have been reissued

There is only a few that haven't been reissued- Kenworth Wmodels,aerodyne and the useless aerodynamic conventional .We still need the transtarII and S series,dump trailer,reefer van, cattle trailer, and furniture vans.I cant think of any more that haven't been reissued

All in all a pretty good list don't you think

Shoot even got the first truck kit produced reissued-dodge L700

Revell has stepped up and reissued some desirable kits,but they are lagging behind round2's commitment to bringing back the truck kits

What we need id these guys to take the moebus lead and give us new subjects

Edited by mistermodel

I didnt know they even did a Massey ferguson or International . Did they ever do the two axel trailer ?

Well AMT didn't do the tractors, plows and farm wagon trailers for them, they were originally Ertl kits, but AMT did a re-issue of the John Deere 4430 and the 310 Backhoe some time ago.

But The Ertl Company bought AMT and MPC back in the 80's, RC2 bought the Ertl Company in the late 90's and Round 2 bought the model kit business from RC2 and now have the tooling...so it's for sure possible if the tooling is allright.

Edited by Force

Well I hope the rumors about the S-series are not true, I'd like to get a couple more of both kits.

On a little smaller note, I'd like to see the Midnight Cowboy wrecker back, even better if it was done with a regular truck cab in place of the custom.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name="mistermodel" post="1110425" timestamp="

There is only a few that haven't been reissued- Kenworth Wmodels,aerodyne and the useless aerodynamic conventional .We still need the transtarII and S series,dump trailer,reefer van, cattle trailer, and furniture vans.I cant think of any more that haven't been reissued

W model molds were altered to the T600.

Dump trailer and livestock trailer were reissued back in the first couple rounds of reissues in 03-04.

My understanding is the AMT KW Challenge mixer mold was destroyed as was the W900's molds. The W900 mold was retooled to make the incorrect T600. The crusieliner was reissued about 5 yr ago. As for me I would like to see some new trucks and trailers about a Mack Granite or modern lowboy? I suggested to Stevens at the NNL east show that some newer trucks models would most likely be a hit. To keep cost down I suggested that maybe a guilder style kit that the modeler could then finish any way they wanted. B)

Edited by Trailking120

My understanding is the AMT KW Challenge mixer mold was destroyed as was the W900's molds. The W900 mold was retooled to make the incorrect T600. The crusieliner was reissued about 5 yr ago. As for me I would like to see some new trucks and trailers about a Mack Granite or modern lowboy? I suggested to Stevens at the NNL east show that some newer trucks models would most likely be a hit. To keep cost down I suggested that maybe a guilder style kit that the modeler could then finish any way they wanted. B)

The KW W900 molds were altered to the T600. New molds would have to be done to bring that one back. No one seems to know the fate of the mixer body itself. I would imagine it is lost too.

Apparently there will be new truck/ trailer kits will be announced later this year from Italeri and Moebius. Chuckyr seems to be in the know on this.

since amt is big into movie tie-ins right now a truck that i think would sell good is the lead truck from "maximum overdive". amt pretty much already has the tractor and trailer, all they would have to tool up is the goblin head and a different sleeper for the tractor and the appropiate decals.

since amt is big into movie tie-ins right now a truck that i think would sell good is the lead truck from "maximum overdive". amt pretty much already has the tractor and trailer, all they would have to tool up is the goblin head and a different sleeper for the tractor and the appropiate decals.

I have thought that would be a good one to build also. Wouldn't be too hard to scratch build.

It's a pity that amt doesn't appear to be looking at doing a new truck. A new Kenworht would be a great seller I believe or a Mack Granite or Titam. I think Moebius is probably the best chance of any more new trucks. Drake Trailers and Kenworth Australia have given approval of a 1/24-25 kit to be done. It was in the latest issue of Truck Model World magazine. Didn't say which company was being used. So here's hoping.

Ben