Model Cars Magazine Forum

Type 2 Ka-Mi floating tank hitting land.

cobraman

The model is a Dragon Type 2 Ka-Mi with floating pontoons. This is 1/72 scale. This is a small Japanese tank with a pontoon mounted on the front and the rear. These pontoons were made in compartments so if one was damaged it would still float. The pontoons could be released from the interior once the tank was on dry land.

The diorama and base. The base is a small shadow box type that I bought at Hobby Lobby and then stained. I used Celuclay for the land area. Magic water was used to build up the water area. I tinted it before I poured it. After that I applied Vallejo water effects in the Mediterranean Blue color. That was followed by some detail painting with Vallejo Foam and Snow. Thanks for looking and as always comments pro or con are welcome.

tankdoirama001_zps5ed143fb.jpg

tankdoirama002_zps8e411632.jpg

tankdoirama003_zps3b7d0c4e.jpg

tankdoirama004_zpse307ab06.jpg

tankdoirama005_zpsfbaada76.jpg

Thanks Harry, glad you like it. I was even happy with it ! It is a 2 part mix that can be tinted with oil based model paints. It is self leveling and dries in about 24 hours. No heating, no odor. Won't crack, won't yellow, won't shrink and won't bubble. I'm guessing it is some type of resin but can't find that info.

magicwater001_zps1bb9a905.jpg