Model Cars Magazine Forum

and i can see cheech and chong in their lowrider along with cage and co getting in the zone from Gone................ :D

made some more progress. narrowed the rear axle and mocked up the air bags. more work done on the leaf springs and scratchbuilt the petrol tank, inc the mounts, pipe and fittings. a little more on the front end and mocked up the rear lights.

dscf1546c.jpg

dscf1549u.jpg

dscf1548x.jpg

dscf1551k.jpg

dscf1547p.jpg

dscf1550d.jpg

By metalhead6464 at 2012-04-04

steve

ok, I have reworked the rear end as I didn't like the spring setup. I extended the chassis to accommodate the the four bar link brackets. This area will also house the air cylinders and pumps, 1 each side. Also continued on the front end and added a little more to the body.

dscf1566j.jpg

dscf1567hr.jpg

dscf1568or.jpg

dscf1570t.jpg

dscf1571ew.jpg

steve

• 2 weeks later...

well after a two week break, (helping a friend build a model for a TV ad) i am back on this. started doing the dash, out of chemiwood. got the inner wheel wells done, well almost, and used body filler to secure a good fit between the interior and exterior door panels. the same was done for the inner sills and door jams. i placed packing tape on one part, and applied filler to the other, mated them together then put aside to set. once set, pealed the tape away, which released the filled part.

dscf1588y.jpg

dscf1589.jpg

dscf1590q.jpg

dscf1591p.jpg

dscf1592c.jpg

thanks for looking in.

steve

dscf1593c.jpg

By metalhead6464 at 2012-05-05

thanks for looking in.

steve

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9281/dscf1592c.jpg

um you did notice you put the timing plate on upside down??

It looks that way because your on the other side of the world, :)

Great build man, The only thing I don't like about this body style is that the cab lines are so much taller then the bed rails. But your chop sure helps hide that a little.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9281/dscf1592c.jpg um you did notice you put the timing plate on upside down??

do you know what, I missed this, thanks for pointing that out. it also helped me with mounting the engine.

chemiwood aka, renshape, is a resin type material thats generally used for prototyping, university and college projects and film and tv effects.

it can be turned, milled, drilled, sanded and carved. it does need to be coated with either button polish or sanding sealer, to stop the grain from showing through the paint.

steve