Model Cars Magazine Forum

RESIN 1950 CHEVY CANOPY - FRUIT TRUCK

• 1 month later...

Under the hood looks like a siren in there? Is that what came with the trucks back then or what? Is it a Mars or Sireno and how did you make it?

greg

yes its a siren i made from my parts box, i belive it was a headlight so i just cut the bottom to make the stand and added the front cutouts were the sounds come out of, made it look like a federal siren :)

That is so cool, excellent work! I do have a question, what did you use for the front bumper mounted fog lights? I want to do that to my '49 Merc Woody, fog lights that is! Thanks, and congratulations on such a fine piece!

the fog lights i had in my parts box, but i believe they came from either the 39 chevy panel lowrider kit or the 39 lowrider coupe kit. I've used fog lights from those kits before and work great.

Thanks again all for the compliments :D

I came back for seconds. I'm still amazed by how beautiful this build turned out, and how unique it truly is.

I just did the same. Sometimes when threads go on a while we forget how great the model actually is. Super job! I like the way you took the progress shots so we could all see the work that went into this beauty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...