Model Cars Magazine Forum

GT-86 and BRZ

willimo

The BRZ by itself:

BRZ%201_zpspibi1bek.jpg

BRZ%202_zpswapgxep2.jpg

BRZ%203_zps8yqmljzb.jpg

The detail parts are all from Eightyone. I used their CCW classic wheels, the Rocket Bunny v2 spoiler, and their Craftsquare mirrors. I added carbon to the front valence, as well as to the trunk garnish and along the top edge of the spoiler, to simulate a carbon part that was not completely painted (though I know the 1:1 is FRP). I left the engine stock. It was a simple, shake the box build but it was fun.

The GT-86 by itself:

RBv1FRS%201_zps6fdkwqfn.jpg

(That's my favorite picture of it)

RBv1FRS%202_zpsr930rwmu.jpg

RBv1FRS%203_zpswvggn7cv.jpg

RBv1FRS%204_zpsgxri62wf.jpg

RBv1FRS%205_zpsbz6adt2b.jpg

RBv1FRS%206_zpseizircd5.jpg

RBv1FRS%207_zpsnoiniz78.jpg

This is also all Eightyone detail parts. The full Rocket Bunny v1 kit is their resin transkit, and the wheels are their resin Enkei RS05RR. I used tires from the new-ish Aoshima VIP modular wheels to allow them to sit right flat on the ground despite significant negative camber. I made the little winglets ahead of the mirrors by just filling the holes for the boxer emblem in the kit part, and bending some strip styrene before gluing it in place. Then I just sanded the contour as I cleaned it up. Brakes are from the parts bin, using I think old SAS PE and resin cailpers, seats are Hobby Design, and the wing endplates are the detail-up PE that Eightyone offers in addition to the v1 transkit. I added turbo parts from Eightyone and my parts bin to make it go as well as show.

Thanks for looking! Comments, criticisms welcome.

The polarizing effect is from a polarizing filter on my camera. I use it to eliminate, or at least minimize, reflections and glare off of painted surfaces. On 1:1, it can make the glass clear, but it was doing wonky stuff with the Tamiya plastic. Thanks!