Model Cars Magazine Forum

Buckeye Classic 2013!

Ramcharger

I just finished the flyer for the 2013 Buckeye Classic so I thought I would share, even though it's a little early. Same place as last year, Ramada Plaza Hotel at I-71 and Morse Rd in Cowlumbus, Ohia! Same date (almost) March 24. Same categories, same participant voting. This year will be the first Ohio Challenge, Ohio clubs will have a build off of the Round 2 Gremlin kit. See the builders from Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus go head to head in a model building cage match! OK, maybe not a cage match, but almost as exciting. We feature the best vendor room on the Scioto, and as always, the finest weather Ohio has to offer! So mark your calendar, put in for vacation, tell all your friends, and bring your best models to the Buckeye Classic Model Car Spectacular! Now for the flyer you were waiting for:

ContestFlyer13-1.pdfContestFlyer13-2.pdf

• 2 months later...

We're getting geared up for our third annual show, including the Buckeye Challenge build of the Gremlin. Come see the best of Ohio build a Gremlin for all the marbles! We have a really cool super secret bonzai monster unique trophy for the winning club to display for a year. You will also see the best the Buckeye state and surrounding states have to offer as far as model cars. Vendor spaces are available and as always, plenty of room for more model cars! So throw the kids in the back of the car, phone the neighbors to join you, and head to central Ohio for the Buckeye Classic!

Oh NOOO!! I had one I had to do that to, the AMT 70 1/2 Camaro, some of those old kits are, uh, challenging! My Gremlin is getting some MAJOR surgery, and I hear others are also. Maybe you could bring the the pieces and we could have a funeral, or maybe it will win fist prize! Either way, we'll be happy to have you there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wont be going woulda loved to but i cant, and next 2 years ill be in Pennsylvania at UTI (Universal Technical Institute) for automotive technology and Ford training then in 2015 ill be back and ill try to pay a visit if its still going on. so to compensate in a way heres pics of what woulda showed up this year. I know it alot but im very happy with this group of builds. each one you can see how my skills improved over the years. although the lightning would be staying home i parted it out.

P1120074_zps4d7cc06d.jpgPA280015.jpg?t=13514362200406121716.jpg