Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Chrysler 300 Photos

As promised, here is a link to a photo gallery containing pics of the mock-up for Moebius Models new 1955 Chrysler C 300 model kit.

These are photos of the mock-up in it's current form. It is en route back to the factory now for a final round of minor revisions.

It should be delivered in about 4 days and revisions should take another two-three weeks, I hope that tooling can start before the end of August.

Thanks for looking,

Dave

MyGallery

Edited by Dave Metzner

wha???? was this a sneek peek?? :lol: For some reason the link don't work --- or is it just my computer :wub: ? If some one gets the link to work lemme know and I'll see what could be goin on w/ the ol PC. I'm dyin to see the pics :)

Or if some one would see fit to post a couple over here I'd be eternally grateful :lol:

Try this link: http://dmetzner.smugmug.com/Cars/1955-Chrysler-C-300/13100296_mYtSu#949713917_yHGDW

Art

One question, (& BTW, the mockup looks great), is the kit going to include the option of the three speed transmission that was added to the parts list to make it Nascar legal for the 300 shortly after the Daytona race in 55? If not I'll still buy it, (more than one kit in fact), I'm just hoping for it to be included too, for more Nascar variants.

B)

Powerflite automatic tranny, with the shift lever in the dash.

Art

When I saw this, the first thing that I thought was that the model was a little too "fastback-y."

Here is a real '55 300 with the prototype model overlaid and at 50% opacity. I used the chrome side spear as my reference point in lining up the two images. It's a little hard to see, but check out the roofline.

Untitled-1-11.jpg

Well, the great thing, Harry, is that this is early enough in the tooling to hopefully catch it. I have a 1/32 AMT/Revell '55 Chrysler New Yorker I've diddled with for the past 15 years, but unfortunately is not finished enough to take a comparison photo. The rear roofline is definitely higher than the Moebius version. I'm missing one of the grilles on the '55 which has put it on the back burner. My chances of finding a replacement are slim to none. Maybe I should do a custom.

Let's hope that Moebius also corrects the shape of the 300's rear qtr panel - specifically, the area above & in front of the rear wheelwell; in other words, the 'hump' of the character line that ties into the horizontal body side sculture just above the side trim, & approx 12" rearward of the door's rear cutline. The test shot shows a much too edgy & severe character line in that area, while it should have a much softer & more rounded profile, esp noticable in a 3/4 frontal view. http://wallpapers-free.co.uk/background/transport/cars/1955-Chrysler-C-300-at-Chrysler-Technology-Center-Lobby-Red-High-fvl/

The 1/4 panel character line I agree does need to be softer. But the roofline is not that bad, Harry's overlay is what is off. Look at the rest of it, not just the roofline. I see at close enough, its way better than Trumpeters offerings. Depending on the height of the cameras on both the 1/1 and the mock up that could throw everything off too !

...people who have nothing better to do than point out every flaw as if there is value to the gold star on the forehead every time they provide cutting critique while providing zero compliments for any of the rest of the work as a whole...

I thought we were allowed to have opinions here.

It's odd... you don't have a problem when certain other people point out a model's inaccuracies...