Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Revell 2nd Quarter Kit Announcements

gasman

I am looking forward to the Sox and Martin Cuda. I built the Johan version a couple decades ago. If they fix the fender flares, this will be a "must have" kit for another Sox and Martin car, and a couple more for other race and street/strip projects. (440 powered bracket car?)

I am waiting to see if Revell fixes their Mustang body. If they fix it, I am in for at least three or four of the drag version. These can be backdated to street machines too.

I will be grabbing a couple of the 510s. I hope they reissue the 240z someday too, as they would make a neat pair. I also might grab a 58 'vette just to keep my 62 company. I have enough of the 59 Impalas in my stash to last a lifetime, so I won't be buying any more, but It is a cool kit. In the end, Revell always seems to end up with some of my money!

I wonder if the drag versions of the Mustang and Cuda will be single version only or 2n1 kits. IIRC, the '58 Corvette was available originally as a 'Pro Modeler' kit, then they did the 2n1 '59 variation of it (black on the box w/ flames). IIRC, the '58 PM version had optional parts, but different ones than the '59.

I don't remember the '59 Corvette. Does anyone have a link to the box art or something?

So.....are we allowed to "speculate" or use this as a kind of "wish for" thread too??

Just thinking aloud once more, but seeing as Revell do often listen to us guys, having just released an ALL NEW tool of the 70 Cuda (after years of not having a proper version)...

Does anyone think that in the foreseeable future (close or distant) that we may finally get a NEW, accurate 70 Challenger?????

I mean their last effort (retooled die-cast? :wacko: ) was atrocious in most hobby guys eyes by what I've seen and read. I did not even bother buying one myself. :unsure:

And the old Amt Challenger (purple box art/convertible top) that still does the rounds on eBay is less than a great kit too in my eyes. :(

Surely the market is screaming for a new kit? I would buy a case of them, that's for sure. :wub:

Ok, standing down..........

Hopefully somebody will print the decals for that one too. But then I would have to buy another one of these kits. I did one of these when they were released as an ssp kit during the '90s. I also had the street machine version from a few years later. They build up nicely and are a really pretty kit once you clean off the acre or two of flash on them. It's a lot of work, but it is a great old tool. I'm glad to see it back. I would build the BRE racing version, and probably a street version.

Revell is really going after my Money this quarter. Thank Goodness they aren't releasing the 240Z or I would go broke...

Has anyone seen details on the cuda?

From what I see in the flyer image, the hood scoop looks a bit "off" and doesn't appear to be the correct Six Pack scoop, and the stock bucket seats are still present, meaning no racing bucket seats.

From what I see in the flyer image, the hood scoop looks a bit "off" and doesn't appear to be the correct Six Pack scoop, and the stock bucket seats are still present, meaning no racing bucket seats.

The S+M 1970 Cuda did have stock ft bucket seats

The S+M 1970 Cuda did have stock ft bucket seats

In fact, the entire '70 Sox and Martin Pro Stock is much closer to factory stock than the '71 S&M, which was one of the points I made to Revell when I recommended this as a second version of the '70 'cuda tool (I'm sure others also recommended it).

The version that I was referring to was in a five page feature color article in the October, 2009 issue of Popular Hot Rodding magazine. As Bill mentions, it had the stock front seats, and the hood scoop is close to, but I can't quite tell if an exact match, to the one in the article. TB