Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Chevy Nova

Car Crazy 81

I Just Got A Revell 69 Nova On E-Bay I Been Waiting To Get This One Its Gonna Be A Quick Build. Heres The Plans For The Nova:

Being Converted To A Plain-Jane 72 Model

Spring Green Paint

Stock 350 Built As A Stock 307

Black Interior With Bench Seat

Edited by lsufan70072

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NewPictures-2008-1.jpg

NewPictures-2008-3.jpg

NewPictures-2008-2.jpg

NewPictures-2008-5.jpg

Heres Some Progress On My Nova I Decided To Build This One To Replicate My Aunt & Uncles 72 Nova They Bought New In August Of 1971. It Was A Plain-Jane Nova With A 307 Ci With A 2 Barrel Carb, Automatic Tranny, Spring Green Paint. I Used The Kits 350 Ci And Built It As A Stock 307 Ci Replaced The Kits 4 Speed With A Automatic Tranny From A MPC Vette Kit. I Scratchbuilt The Bench Seat By Using The Kits Bucket Seats Added Some Sheet Styene In Between.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NewPictures-2008-3-2.jpg

Heres a pic of the bench seat i modified from the kits bucket seats i got this idea from the scale auto forum. I cut the ends off added some evergreen .060 inch round rod to brace the bucket seats together and filled in the center with evergreen .030 inch sheet styene. I filled in the gaps with spot putty i still need to add another coat to finish it off. Also i modified the taillights by cutting out the original pieces and added a set of 66 chevelle wagon taillights i sanded them smooth used a red sharpie marker to paint the lights. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Mode-2008-3.jpg

I Finished The Dash I Used Straight Pins For The Column Shifter & The Turn Signal Lever I Find Its Not Accurate But Its Close I Should Hava The Interior Finished By Next Week I Need To Put Another Layer Of Spot Putty On The Seat. I'll Keep Ya'll Posted.

LOOKING VERY NICE YOUR AUNT AND UNCLE will enjoy it very much