Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID Quiz #6 FINISHED!

I KNOW!! I KNOW!!!

It is a 2012 Funny Car from Matchbox!!! :):angry:

When I saw this I fell on the floor and could not breathe,as, I was laughing so hard!!! ;) ;)

I really have no idea what it is other than very funny!!!

Thank you Harry for posting this!!!

I don't know, but I do know it looks like I could park it in the bed of my F350!!! :lol::lol:

Funny you should mention that, my brother's mate used to own a Suzuki Capacino (itty bitty teeny tiny Suzuki roadster thingee from the 90s), and that's how he transported it from Melbourne to Sydeny when he moved!

The little car in the picture is the very first car from Mazda, a 1960(?) R360 Coupe DeLuxe. Not really sure of the model year... the source labels this one as a 1962, but as far as I can see it looks pretty much the same as the 1960 model, which is what most of you said it was. Could be the photo was mislabeled. Anyway, from the source:

Having started as a cork factory, the first roadable products of the Toyo Kogyo group from Hiroshima in 1931 were motorbikes and three-wheeler vans. The first car prototype was developed in 1940, though it took another 20 years before mass production could start. Along with the entire Japanese car industry, the development of Mazda then took off at truly breathtaking speed.

The first model in 1960 was the R-360 (the number indicates the capacity), a coupe that survived until 1970. In 1962, the slightly larger Carol (available with 360 and 600 cc) followed, a car that was similar to the Ford Anglia and had a reverse-angle rear window. In 1964 a convertible complemented the series. One of the reasons Mazda became known in Germany was because of its takeover of the Wankel rotary piston license in 1961 and is still faithfully using and developing this particular combustion engine technology today.

2389901_183_full.jpg

mazda_r360_coupe_white_1960.jpg

mazda_rear.jpg

Who got it right?

Mark Taylor

chillyb1

wheelman

sjordan2

draggon

MikeMc

modelmartin

puddingwrestler

badluck13

thom

mdlman1

Remember... do not post your answers (or any hints) here! PM me or email me at harrypri@att.net (include your screen name in the email).

Year, make and model to get credit.

The answer: 1960(?) Mazda R360 Coupe DeLuxe

Wow, if that's their DeLuxe, I'd hate to have to settle for the base model! :)

Edited by David G.

As mentioned earlier, there is a model of it. Arii (sometimes under the Micro Ace brand) produce on in thier 1/32 Owner's Club range. It's available in it's stock form, racing form, and porbably police form, as most of the Owner's Club range are available as police and taxi versions.

Here's a link to the race version. As you can see, the model is tiny. Really tiny. I have one of the larger Mazda Carols, and it's under 10cm long.